cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpsCenter does not get updated after Appliance is reimaged

jalite275
Level 4

We have a standalone OpsCenter (7.5.0.5) server on a Windows machine, which monitors the master (on a Linux) and all appliance 5220 appliance servers.

One of the 5220 appliance was reimaged from 2.0.3 to 2.5.2, but OpsCenter Monitor > Appliance Hardware > Media server still shows this appliance as 2.0.3, as well as some faulty hardware which have already been replaced.

Is there anyway to correct this situation? Can I remove the appliance media server from OpsCenter and rediscover it?

4 REPLIES 4

Dave_High
Level 4
Employee

Hi,

If the Appliance was reimaged that means that OpsCenter has been removed as a trusted host which means it can no longer poll the Appliance for data.

You should simply need to edit the /usr/openv/netbackup/bp.conf file on the Appliance Master and add the OpsCenter master as a SERVER = entry.

Once completed, you will need to restart the NBSL process on the Appliance

/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bprdreq -rereadconfig
/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/nbsl -terminate
/usr/openv/netbackup/bin/nbsl

Post back if this doesnt work.

Cheers,

dave

jalite275
Level 4

Thanks Dave. but I am still a bit confused what SERVER needs to add and which server's bp.conf needs to add.

Say I have a mastersrv (Linux server NB 7.5.0.5), appliancemedia1 (5220 appliance NB 7.1), appliancemedia2 (5220 appliance NB 7.5.0.5) and opscentersrv1 (Standalone Windows machine, NB 7.5.0.5). the appliancemedia1 was reimaged to NB 7.5.0.5, but OpsCenter still shows appliancemedia1 as 7.1. I need to find the way to correct or update this.

Thanks

Dave_High
Level 4
Employee

Ah, sorry. I misunderstood - I thought the system that was reimaged was the Master - apparently it was a Media Server configured Appliance right?

OpsCenter only talks to the Master Server (in this case MASTERSRV) from a data gather perspective. Are the other appliances being reported correctly by OpsCenter?

I am not an expert on Appliances so not sure how they change things with OpsCenter. In a normal NBU environment OpsCenter would never communicate with a Media Server. But since OC can monitor Appliance hardware there has to be some communication there. Let me reach out to my Appliance guys and see. I will post again when I find out.

Sorry for the confusion. Appliances are a separate division from mine so I havent had time to ramp up on them beyond the bare basics.

dave

Dave_High
Level 4
Employee

Hi again,

I reached out to my Appliance team and was told that the information that you need to update the correct SQL table in OpsCenter (with the version of the Media Server) comes from the master NBSL update. This does not appear to be happening.

You need to open a support case on this. Backline engineering should be able to provide you with a SQL statement to correctly force a pull of this data from the reimaged Appliance. It should happen automatically but for whatever reason it isnt. So a support case is warranted.

dave