cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

to pause exchange archiving

mghomer
Level 6

Hi all,

we are using eVault 9.0.1.1073 for archiving the the fileserver and exchange.

Now i would like to pause the archiving for exchnage. Unfortunately the collegue who has install the server has left us. So I'm not really familiar with eVault.

Hope you can help me with that. As i can see i have two task's Exchnage Mailbox archiving (Type: Exchange Mailbox) and Exchange Provisioning (Type: Exchnage Provisioning) can I just paused it for some days? without any affects for user?

Thank you very much!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

DUH on me!  I totaly spaced about setting it to never. (in my defense it was a bit early for me)smiley

So with those setting the archive task will not process the exchange servers.  Running just means the tasks are running and if a user wants to restore or manually archive they can.

After you disable the schedule did you restart the task?  If not, you need to do so, otherwise your changes will not take affect.

as to your PS question, the task are what archives the mailboxes according to the policy.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

TonySterling

Don't stop the task, just open the property page of the archive task and on the Schedule tab uncheck "Use Site Schedule" and then clear it.

1. In the Administration Console, expand the Enterprise Vault site until the Enterprise Vault Servers container is visible.

2. Expand Enterprise Vault Servers.

3. Expand the Enterprise Vault server that runs the task you want to modify.

4. Click Tasks.

5. Right-click the name of the Mailbox System Archiving task you want to modify and, on the shortcut menu, click Properties.

6. Click the Schedule tab.

7. To use a schedule for this task other than the default site schedule, clear Use site setting.

8. Define the schedule that you require and then click OK. So in your case clear the entire schedule.

9. Stop and restart the task for the changes to take effect.

mghomer
Level 6

Hi Tony,

the both tasks are allready unchecked at the schedule tab "use site setting" But the archiving process is still running every day. This option was never enabled.

The only thing i see is that the tab settings  has the "Scheduled Synchronization" anabled at AM "0".

Any idea how it was setuped by my collegue? The other tasks for file archiving are steuped with schedule "enabled".

TonySterling

Synchronization should be allowed to continue, this process doesn't archive anything and is necessary to synch any permission changes to the archives.

You said Use site setting is unchecked, is there any blue squares in the schedule?  When you say the process is running every day what do you mean?  The task can be in a running state but not processing.

Sorry, but without being able to get hands on I can't tell you how your collegue set the system up, your company should probably bring in a consultancy partner to give the system a health check and give you a little knowledge transfer.

Ameen
Level 6

It looks like you have 'Use Site setting' unchecked and 'At Selected Times' checked.

Please go to 'Shcedule' tab of task properties. Make sure that 'Never' is selected under 'Run'.

Please find the screenshot,

Hope this help! 

mghomer
Level 6

Hi guys,

here are my settings which are setuped since years this way. But I see that the mail were archiving because i have export all archived mails yesterday in the original mailbox and see today that this box has arhcived mails again wthin. So the taks for archiving Exchange is running. But i have only this two tasks for exchange which are disbaled on schedule tab. I'm confused

PS. if i take a look at the Policies-Exchnage-Mailbox and open the default plicy and open the tab "Archiving Rules" i see the strategy is based on quota of 20%. So is it possible that the task are not needed for such settings because if the quota is reached the eVault start to archiving the mailbox, wthout taks?

Hope you can help me

TonySterling

DUH on me!  I totaly spaced about setting it to never. (in my defense it was a bit early for me)smiley

So with those setting the archive task will not process the exchange servers.  Running just means the tasks are running and if a user wants to restore or manually archive they can.

After you disable the schedule did you restart the task?  If not, you need to do so, otherwise your changes will not take affect.

as to your PS question, the task are what archives the mailboxes according to the policy.