cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HP ML110

Charlie126
Level 2

Hi,

Has anyone managed to successfully restore an BESR image onto a HP ML110 G5 Proliant server with RAID enabled from the BIOS?

Kind Regards

Message Edited by Charlie126 on 12-23-2008 05:39 AM
5 REPLIES 5

Jon_R
Level 6
Employee Accredited
What issue are you encountering when attempting to perform the restore?

aychekay
Level 5
Partner
I'm curious too what issue you had. We sell the ML115 and we use the on-board nVidia RAID controller with RAID enabled in the BIOS. I can't say that we've ever had to do a restore yet.

David_F
Level 6
Employee Accredited
Has there been any updates on this issue?

Charlie126
Level 2
I can do the restore but when the server boots up it bluescreens. Has to be SATA RAID driver issue.  Just wanted to know if anyone else has had problems.  Only happens when RAID is switched on from BIOS.  I can use the same driver, switch RAID on from BIOS and perform a OS rebuild fine using a floppy when asked for third party drivers.  Weird.

Michael_Hart-Jo
Level 2

I have tried for the last couple of days to restore to an HP ML110.  I however didn't have the problem you did.  After the first boot the system did decide to sort out the HAL and then reboot to then start the process again.  I left this to happen for 12 hours before resigning and accepting the fact that the software could even handle a small change.

In case you are wondering I backed up the system, which at this point ran on a single 74GB SATA HDD.  The rebuild was to the same hardware bit this time I had 2 500GB SATA HDD's in a raid 1 config.