cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compliance Accelerator Random Results

Baron164
Level 6
Partner Accredited

I have someone who is complaining that Compliance Accelerator isn't showing all the results it should when they search for email. I was told by someone else that Compliance Accelerator is actually designed to only show a random sampling. That person told me they should use Discovery Accelerator. Now before I spend all afternoon installing Discovery Accelerator I was hoping to find out if there was a way for me to force Compliance Accelerator to NOT show random results but to actually show what was being searched for. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

That is the Review screen and not a search.  The Review area only shows items that have been captured by a search and if there has never been a search ran for all her items and accepted then they won't be in review.

You need to create and run a search for her items and be sure to check Include items already in review.

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11

TonySterling

CA can be configured to do a search and show all the results.  How is the user configuring the search?  Are they trying to search in an exsisting department or did they create there own?

That said, it is going to come down to use case, if you are trying to use CA as an eDiscovery tool you will probably be frustrated as the workflow is for compliance and not discovery.

Baron164
Level 6
Partner Accredited

She configured the search by date and by user. So she would select herself and the past week and it only shows 3 sent emails from her which is not accurate. I set it to "All Deparments' and the results were the same.

TonySterling

Was the option to "Include items already in review" checked?

Baron164
Level 6
Partner Accredited

I searched for items with status of Reviewed, Questioned, Pending and Unreviewed and under department I selected Standard Review Mode and All Items and still only came up with 3 items for the past week.

TonySterling

That is the Review screen and not a search.  The Review area only shows items that have been captured by a search and if there has never been a search ran for all her items and accepted then they won't be in review.

You need to create and run a search for her items and be sure to check Include items already in review.

Baron164
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Ok, I see how to create a search, and I set the "Include Items Already in Review". However when I run it it comes up with number of items, and then the "sampling" which it says it 5%, how do I get it to show the all the items?

So when I'm looking at the search it shows 50 hits and 3 Sampled.

TonySterling

In the search criteria there is a Sampling section.  Set it to 100%.

Baron164
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Ok, I found that I can open one of the existing searches and change the sampling percentage. However when I try to change the "Absolute Limit" from 200 items it keeps reseting back to 200. I just set it to 5000 for now and that seems to be sticking.

I created a test search with 100% sampling percentage and it came back with 50 hits, 30 sampled and 20 duplicates. When I do a review I see 13 messages now for that users. I don't understand why I don't see 30...

Ok, I figured out how to "Review" searches

It's looking better now, they have a schedule search that runs every day. In the department View I was able to modify that search and change the sampling percentage to 100% so I will check back on Monday and see if the next time it runs if it pulls in everything.

TonySterling

Sounds like you are getting it sorted.  Just be mindful if you are doing this in a department it could mess with your percentage of reviewed items, so if you are under regulations and have to prove you review a certain amount of mail you could be affecting those results.  That is one reason CA shouldn't be used for Discovery type searching.

Best of luck,

Baron164
Level 6
Partner Accredited

Yeah, they have a license for Discovery Accelerator so I installed the server software for it but I'm waiting for them to get me the license. Thank you for the help.

TonySterling

No problem, happy to assist!  I would definitely go with DA.