Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NBU Appliance 5220 won t send reports by email

BertrandD
Level 3
Accredited

Hi

I m using a NBU Appliance 5220.

I configured the smtp for Software admin and Hardware admin in the web interface.

I received the test emails.

But I do not receive :

Host information such as:

■ Disk information.
■ Overall backup status.
■ Results of last seven backups for each client.
■ An Email of your catalog backup disaster recovery file.
■ A patch installation success report

As advertised in the NetBackup52xx_Master_Server_Admin_Guide_201.pdf.

Am I missing something, anybody had this issue ?

Cheers
8 REPLIES 8

Andrew_Madsen
Level 6
Partner

The rest is configured through the Administrators GUI either the Java version or the Windows version.

BertrandD
Level 3
Accredited

Thanks Andrew

When you say in the Administrators GUI, can you be more specific ?

I was looking into Reports or the Host Properties of the appliance and I did not find any settings regarding mail reports (content, frequency, triggers...)

Regards

Mark_Solutions
Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified

Login to the web gui of the appliance (just put its name or IP address into IE) - login with Admin and your appliance password

Go to the Settings - SMTP page select to enable hardware alerts and put your email details in, then select software and do the same and save the settings

Hope this helps

BertrandD
Level 3
Accredited

Hi Mark

Thanks I did that already. I received the test email saying that the smtp has been correctly configured for both Hardware Admin and Software Admin, but I did not receive any reports.

Cheers

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

I would raise a support call then - I have used appliances a lot and have not had issues with getting the catalog DR file e-mailed (once set up in the policy - assuming your appliance is the Master, if not e-mail needs setting up on yoru Master not the appliance)

When you applied a patch what did it say about sending the e-mail - it should have given a reason on the screen

Not sure on the other reports what you expect - hardware / software is generally when there is a failure - not sure where the backup reports would come from?

BertrandD
Level 3
Accredited

Thanks Mark

In the NetBackup52xx_Master_Server_Admin_Guide_201.pdf, it says if you enter an email address in the "Software Admin" it will send send you :

Host information such as:

■ Disk information.
■ Overall backup status.
■ Results of last seven backups for each client.
■ An Email of your catalog backup disaster recovery file.
■ A patch installation success report
I did not install any patch so far.
The only email I receive is an alert about the CallHome Feature not able to contact Symantec, which is legit since the appliance has no way to access the Internet. I ll disable the feature though.
I might open a case later today.

Thanks again for your interest in my issue.

Mark_Solutions
Level 6

apart from the results if the last seven days backups report the others should work but you will only get an email if there is actually a problem - though obviously the catalog one should work every time the catalog backup runs if your appliance is the master and the e-mail address etc has been added on the catalog policy

I have never noticed this is the guide and find it hard to believe it sends a client backup report out each week - never seen one!

Let me know what support say

BertrandD
Level 3
Accredited

I had a conversation with the technical support.

As of today the appliance will not send any reports by email. It will only send alerts.

If you want email reporting you need to have an Ops Center server, and schedule it from there.

You can still use some command line scripting and schedule in the appliance's cron but it s highly unsupported by Symantec :)

Thanks guys.