cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

*** Error *** - Unable to load list metadata: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

chetan_k32
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi All,

while running the sharepoint archiving task in report mode i found below error for so many files.

*** Error *** - Unable to load list metadata: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

I am running ev 10.0.1 and WSS3.0

regards

Chetan

8 REPLIES 8

chetan_k32
Level 4
Partner Accredited

hi,

any body facing same issue,kindly help me to find the reason.

Chetan

chetan_k32
Level 4
Partner Accredited

hi,PJ

please find the attached log.

chetan

PJuster
Level 5
Employee Accredited

Hi Chetan,

Can you supply an extract from the logs ? please ensure its of the same process/thread if possible.

Whats common about the files that you get the error on

• same file type
  • same author/owner
  • same location within Sharepoint
  • I believe different parts of sharepoint can be different types of libraries (document/email), I'm not sure on the exact terminology.

Can the account running the service access the files without login/pop up prompt.

Also please be paitent this is a forum and not a chat room so a response to a posting is unlikely to be immediate. I hope you understand.

Cheers

PJ

PJuster
Level 5
Employee Accredited

Hi Chetan,

Are you able to find out answers to the other questions ? what else did your troubleshooting find ?

Cheers

chetan_k32
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Hi PJ,

please find the answers below

Whats common about the files that you get the error on

• same file type

errors are coming on all types of files,as we have set the rule to "all files" in archive policy

• same author/owner

I am not sure

• same location within Sharepoint

Not in the same location,files from different site collections are getting this error(i have attached the archiving report log in which you can refer the location)

• I believe different parts of sharepoint can be different types of libraries (document/email), I'm not sure on the exact terminology.

Can the account running the service access the files without login/pop up prompt.

the vault service account is having farm admin,site collection admin rights on sharepoint server,also it's having domain admin as well as local admin rights on sharepoint and ev server.

Chetan

PJuster
Level 5
Employee Accredited

>Can the account running the service access the files without login/pop up prompt.

>>the vault service account is having farm admin,site collection admin rights on sharepoint server,also it's having domain admin as well as local admin rights on sharepoint and ev server.

Have you logged in as the VSA and navigated to the files in sharepoint that are erroring and can you open them without error or pop up ?

Cheers

PJuster
Level 5
Employee Accredited

Also have you dtraced the archiving task, what does this show ?

chetan_k32
Level 4
Partner Accredited

I need to check that.

Chetan