Did you mean: 
Backup Exec
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

How to deploy Backup Exec via the AWS Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on AWS Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to AWS for your in-house virtual and physical environments and protects cloud-based workloads in AWS. Veritas Backup Exec helps...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619424553997.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619424554020.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619424554034.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619424554046.png

How to deploy Backup Exec via the Azure Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on Azure Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to Azure for your on-premises environments and protects cloud-based workloads in Azure. Veritas Backup Exec helps customers r...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619423636352.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619423636355.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619423636365.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619423636369.png

Useful links for Upgrading Backup Exec

At its most basic, the upgrade procedure for Backup Exec is simply running installation media for the most recent version on an existing Backup Exec server. Backup Exec 15, 16 and 20 can be upgraded to Backup Exec 21 with this method. Article 1000443...

step upgrades.jpg
rdmchugh by Level 1
Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 10 kudos

System State Backup Problem (Final error: 0xe0000352)

Hi Experts, I'm using Windows Server 2008 R2 Ent, 64bits and Symantec Backup Exec 2010 R3. One of my backup jobs for system state has been failing with the following errors: -> Job ended: Monday, April 20, 2015 at 6:46:11 AM -> Completed status: ...

BE 2014 - Unable to Import Licence files (.slf)

Hi Community,  Just looking to get some help with a server I am currently installing Backup Exec 2014 on. It is a Windows '03 server that we recently upgraded to BE14 and initially we were on the trial version and now that it has run out we have p...

Scruffy by Level 2
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Backup Exec 14.1 failed backups when tape full

Hi all,  I'm running Backup Exec 14.1 on Windows 2008 Server 64bit and have a problem with backups failing. When the tape is full, the backup task was failed to backup, can't overwrite the tape. In the Sysmantec setting I config the backup task is ...

Resolved! job status - complete with exceptions

there are some backup jobs run in Backup Exec 2012 , only two full backup jobs complete with exceptions in the lastest backup task. The credential of this backup job test result was failed. we haven't change any password or credential of this job. E...

zoujuan by Level 2
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! BE 2014 Job Stuck at Active: Discovering Ressources

Hi everyone. I need some help with a problem we got last week with our Backup Exec 2014 (Appliance 3600.R3). One of the job is just stuck at status Active: Discovering Ressources. We let the job run for 5 day withou result. When we tried to cancel ...

Resolved! Backup Exec 12.0 Access Denied to DFSRoots

Hi Everyone Have a problem here that's getting on my nerves! We use backup exec 12.0 that is installed on a Windows 2008 Server on our local domain. We have a scheduled weekly tape drive backup that runs on Fridays to backup our file server and ex...

Adding Synology NAS to Backup EXEC 2014

Hello, Our users use a Synology DiskStation 1813+ to save their data. We need to backup that data. We have a Windows Server 2012 server with Backup EXEC 2014. I need to add the NAS to Backup EXEC. I choose a File server or NDMP device to add. I typ...

Backup Exec Appliance incremental backup SQL failed

Hi Folks Here we are hitting a problem. We have a VM which is a SQL servers, however, due to some reason, we choose to backup as a physical server. We have installed the agent in the SQL server, and successfully run the FULL backup. I manually run ...

Resolved! Backing up SQL Database with BE 2014

Hello Guys, I hope someone can answer this question for me and that is from within BE 2014 with the option to backup the database using the "Full - Back up Databases" method, does it also back up the transcation log or would be require to create a...

Vdang by Level 4
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Ready to upgrade from version 2012 to 2014 (14.1.1786.0)

I've been trying to push the Backup Exec Remote Agent upgrade but it fails with the following error. Utility Job information: Ready to upgrade from version 2012 to 2014 (14.0.1786.0). Install failed with error code -2147023293. Right click on the c...

Error_Backup_Exec

Hello, I am using Backup Exec 2010 R3. In the "support" tab, there are no posted tapes. In the logs, I have the following query : EXECUTE: SELECT TOP 1100 MediaID, MediaGuid, MediaState, …, FROM MediaPDI_View  WHERE ( LocationGuid = ? AND MediaTyp...

imade by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Removable media going offline requires a restart of services

Hi, Long time reader, 1st time poster. I manage a number of sites where we encourage the clients to run BE as a backup solution. 've noticed that there are some recurring issues, across multiple sites, where the problem can be only resolved by rest...

MartinW by Level 2
Partner
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Abgelaufene Backup Dateien werden nich gelöscht

Hallo,   Wir haben folgendes Backup Szenario: Im Server ist ein Wechselrahmen. Hier wird die Platte wöchentlich am Freitag um ca 14:00 Uhr gewechselt. Beide Wechselplatten sind in einem "Speicherpool extern" zusammengefasst. Der Backup plan ist ...

Neo32 by Level 3
  • 3 replies
  • 7 kudos

Snapshot technology error (0x8004230f) on Hyper-V VM

Hi, We have below system enviroment. 1. BE 2012 on Windows Server 2008 R2 2. Two Hyper-V Host Server on Windows Server 2012 (Clusted) 3. 8 Virtual Machines are running on each Hyper-V host server. 4. All the VMs are stored in  IBM DS3512 Storage...

puma130 by Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Cannot create b2d storage Backup Exec 2012

Hi everyone, I need some help!   I have used the same storage for a year now. Every month I have to change my password in Active Directory (thanks HIPAA!), then update the credentials in Backup Exec and everything would work fine with no issues.  H...

zhof by Level 2
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Move to VRay to do differential backups?

I am currently running Backup Exec on a virtual server to back up a DFS Replicated file share using shadow copy components. The share is around 1.5TB and backs up to a tape drive. We usually have a back up speed of 1.2GB per minute which I've been to...

Labels