Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

adding sharepoint target in EV 10.1

chetan_k32
Level 4
Partner Accredited

Dear All,

I have implemented EV 10.1 for Sharepoint archiving for WSS3.and i came in strange issue like when i add the a webapplication as sharepoint target with auto enable option only 200 site collections are getting added to the archving task after running the task in report mode.

when i ran the archiving task in report mode for checking the archiving status it shows only 200 site colletion analysis,we have arroud 3000 site collection inside the same web application which we have added in the sharepoint target.

Is there is any limitation for the same,if yes then can anyone share any TR or Tech note for the same.

Thanks in Advance

Chetan

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

chetan_k32
Level 4
Partner Accredited

hi all,

i have logged a support case for the query and get below reply from support enginner.

The maximum recommended number of site collections per Web application is 250,000.
Note that this limit is affected by other factors that might reduce the effective number of site collections that can be supported by a given Web application. Care must be exercised to avoid exceeding supported limits when a container object, such as a content database, contains a large number of other objects.
For example, in a farm that contains a large number of Web applications, the total number of site collections might reach a number that cannot effectively be supported by farm resources. This can be true even when both the number of Web applications per farm and the number of site collections per Web application fall within their supported limits.
Similarly, if a farm contains a smaller total number of content databases, each of which contains a large number of site collections, farm performance might be adversely affected long before the supported limit for the number of site collections is reached.
The following case illustrates this point.
Farm A contains a Web application that has 200 content databases, a supported configuration. If each of these content databases contains 200 site collections, the total number of site collections in the Web application will be 40,000, which falls within supported limits. However, if each content database contains 2,000 site collections, even though this number is supported for a content database, the total number of site collections in the Web application will be 400,000, which exceeds the limit for the number of site collections per Web application.

Regards

Chetan

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

chetan_k32
Level 4
Partner Accredited

hi anybody got idea

TonySterling
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified

I think you are best off contacting support to see if there is an actual issue with the application timing out or something.

Rob_Wilcox1
Level 6
Partner

FWIW I don't think there is a limitation ...  and if there is nothing to hand in a DTRACE, then I think SYMC Support is the best option.

Working for cloudficient.com

chetan_k32
Level 4
Partner Accredited

hi all,

i have logged a support case for the query and get below reply from support enginner.

The maximum recommended number of site collections per Web application is 250,000.
Note that this limit is affected by other factors that might reduce the effective number of site collections that can be supported by a given Web application. Care must be exercised to avoid exceeding supported limits when a container object, such as a content database, contains a large number of other objects.
For example, in a farm that contains a large number of Web applications, the total number of site collections might reach a number that cannot effectively be supported by farm resources. This can be true even when both the number of Web applications per farm and the number of site collections per Web application fall within their supported limits.
Similarly, if a farm contains a smaller total number of content databases, each of which contains a large number of site collections, farm performance might be adversely affected long before the supported limit for the number of site collections is reached.
The following case illustrates this point.
Farm A contains a Web application that has 200 content databases, a supported configuration. If each of these content databases contains 200 site collections, the total number of site collections in the Web application will be 40,000, which falls within supported limits. However, if each content database contains 2,000 site collections, even though this number is supported for a content database, the total number of site collections in the Web application will be 400,000, which exceeds the limit for the number of site collections per Web application.

Regards

Chetan