Did you mean: 
Backup Exec
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

How to deploy Backup Exec via the AWS Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on AWS Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to AWS for your in-house virtual and physical environments and protects cloud-based workloads in AWS. Veritas Backup Exec helps...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619424553997.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619424554020.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619424554034.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619424554046.png

How to deploy Backup Exec via the Azure Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on Azure Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to Azure for your on-premises environments and protects cloud-based workloads in Azure. Veritas Backup Exec helps customers r...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619423636352.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619423636355.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619423636365.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619423636369.png

Useful links for Upgrading Backup Exec

At its most basic, the upgrade procedure for Backup Exec is simply running installation media for the most recent version on an existing Backup Exec server. Backup Exec 15, 16 and 20 can be upgraded to Backup Exec 21 with this method. Article 1000443...

step upgrades.jpg
rdmchugh by Level 1
Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 10 kudos

Resolved! 12 vs 12.5

Hi all   Hopefully a quick answer to this, i have a Client with a server down, and i was contemplating building another server, but i only have backup exec 12.5, and the old server had version 12  (14.0.1798) will i be able to restore data from a ...

Acuity by Level 2
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Backup Exec SP3 and SP4

I have a proplem with my Back up 12.5 server. Backup Exec server Service is not starting and hence othr backup exec services too. I would like to download and update the service. I could not run live update as it keep failing. My server is Wi...

Resolved! BE 12.5 not backing up terminal services directory

When trying to do a restore of the terminal services licensing database, it was discovered that there were no files being backed up in the C:\windows\system32\lserver.  It showed that the directory export under that directory was being backed up, but...

jlgonya by Level 3
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! SDLT Tape: Media Catalog failed Final error: 0xe0000900

Hello, I´m using Backup Exec 12.5 on a Windows Server 2008R2. I have got two SDLT Tape Drives which are conncetd via SCSI to the server.  I used the following configuration/solution https://www.veritas.com/support/en_US/article.TECH44676, but it do...

Resolved! BE 12.5 IDR DC not the only DC

Hard drive failure, replaced, and performed an IDR of the server.  I have not connected the server back into the network yet.  It is a DC, but not the only DC, so I just need an non-authoritative restore for this DC.  Does the IDR automatically resto...

jlgonya by Level 3
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Backup Exec Alert: Device Error: The drive hardware is offline

Hi all, Please help Keep getting this error msg "the drive hardware is offline" during the backup. Even we try to manual enable the tape drive it still will go offline. The only way to make the tape drive online is to reboot the server. We have tri...

new to Backup Exe

Hi, I got the job as IT here and I quite new to this back up exe stuffs. This week I got a problem locating the tapes needed for site-off location. I heard from my former that the monthly jobs tape will be taken out for site off, but the think I d...

Resolved! Manipulating/editing .bkp files

Due to the sensitivity of this issue, I cannot go too far in-depth. I essentially need to know if it is possible to go into a .bkp file and remove data. To be a little more precise, a .pst needs to be removed from the backup file, lest I have to dele...

Resolved! license move

hi we are in the process of migrating BE license from an old server to a new server do i have to remove the license from the old server and completely uninstall that BE from it in order to activate BE on the new server? or can we still shave it in...

alshawwa by Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Backup exec 12.5 uninstall Linux agent

Hi, I need help about the steps to remove old linux agent 12.5 at linux debian machine, as I've Backup exec 2014 running and want to do install new 2014 linux agent. Thanks for the help.

MiguelC by Level 3
Partner
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! SQL Server 2008 R2 Service pack 3 (SP3)

Hi, I have a number of backup exec systems running with SQL Server 2005.I want to upgrade SQL Server to SQL Server 2008 R2 Service pack 3 (SP3). Is anyone aware of any known issues with running service pack 3 for SQL Server 2008 R2? Thanks Faran

mfabajwa by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

GRT Restore Problem - Failing to restore email

Hi all I'm new to this so please bear with me! I have inherited Backup Exec 12.5 in our organisation (i have only limited knowledge of the product unfortunately), however i am running into an issue with trying to restore a mailbox folder for a parti...

msd-ben by Level 2
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Backup of VM DCs failing

I have 2 DCs that have started failing backups. The DCs are 2012 R2 VMs in 2012 R2 hosts. Backup Exec is 2012 version 14.1798. The error in the failed job details says E0008488 Access is denied. When I do a credentials test, the only failure is for ...

JLeslie by Level 4
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

0xe0008488 - Access is denied.

Hello, I recently started to get this when backing up a users computer.  This is just a stardard PC backup.   This is just a sample of a list of similar errors i get.  Job ended: Friday, August 28, 2015 at 3:01:42 PM Completed status: Failed Final...

Resolved! Backup Exec 12 error V-79-57344-34029

Encounter backup error while backup. Every 2 day, backup exec will backup whole server data, 1st backup process will complete successful. When perform 2nd backup on same data catridge (LTO3), will encounter error code V-79-57344-34029.  Try with bran...

Resolved! Server paused

Hi, I have this error when I try to do any work (start a job, inventory, clean): server paused I have already installed the fix that you propose in other discussions and I tried to put on and take off the pause to the media server. The driver i...

Labels