Did you mean: 
Backup Exec
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

How to deploy Backup Exec via the AWS Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on AWS Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to AWS for your in-house virtual and physical environments and protects cloud-based workloads in AWS. Veritas Backup Exec helps...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619424553997.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619424554020.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619424554034.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619424554046.png

How to deploy Backup Exec via the Azure Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on Azure Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to Azure for your on-premises environments and protects cloud-based workloads in Azure. Veritas Backup Exec helps customers r...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619423636352.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619423636355.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619423636365.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619423636369.png

Useful links for Upgrading Backup Exec

At its most basic, the upgrade procedure for Backup Exec is simply running installation media for the most recent version on an existing Backup Exec server. Backup Exec 15, 16 and 20 can be upgraded to Backup Exec 21 with this method. Article 1000443...

step upgrades.jpg
rdmchugh by Level 1
Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 10 kudos

Backup Exec Remote Agent 11d for Linux Installation

Hi all, I have the installation CD of 11d remote agent for Linux, and am having a couple of problems. I have found the package folder with the two tar.gz files, extracted the nd tried to install the rpm files. Whilst this seems to do something I can ...

James_M-F by Not applicable
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Oracle 8 and Exchange 2007

A customer who has been using all versions of Backup Exec since 7.3 hasupgraded their Exchange to 2007 and is now testing Backup Exec 11d.Their "Core business application" is running on Oracle 8.Is there a supported Agent configuration to make Online...

Exchange 2007 Brick Backup

Does Backup Exec 11d provide the functionality or an Agent to facilitae a mailbox-level ("brick") backup in an Exchange 2007 environment?  What are the best practices for implementing such a backup?  Does Microsoft provide any sort of checklist or do...

Disaster Recovery of Exchange 2003

I have to restore my Exchange Servers for Disaster Recovery project.  Is this the best method for doing this without bothering my production environment? 1. Install W2K3.2. Place in Domain.3. Install Exchange Server 2003.4. Restore Information Store ...

Restoring from Exchange 2003

I have Backup Exec 11d v7170 w/sp1, HF 16-19, 21-24, 27 installed. and all agents updated.I can backup Exchange with no problem. But when I try to restore a single email from a mailbox...BE try's to pre-stage my entire 260GB Information store.Is ther...

brehms by Level 3
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Sharepoint License Cost

We are starting an internal Sharepoint site on our intranet.  1. What does a license cost for this?2. What exactly does it backup? Thanks, DB

Legacy Unix Authentication Failed

I am using backup exec 11d for windows and the legacy unix client to backup my AIX server. I have implemented at 2 other sites without issue. But at this site I get the following error: Error category    : Security ErrorsError             : e000fe29 ...

benhar by Not applicable
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

11g support

Does the B/E 11d Oracle agent work with 11g on Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard x64?  I see in the "official" compatibility list that it isn't supported yet.  But has anyone tried it to see if it works?  And if it does, any issues / things to watch fo...

ExchangeCPS job fails with VFF error

I am trying to get ExchangeCPS working and my first job is failing with "V-79-57344-4609 - This operation requires that the Backup Exec Virtual File Filter (VFF) driver be installed on the medai server.  Install the appropriate Backup Exec agent for ...

I can't see the mailboxes

Hello!I have a Windows 2003 server with BE 11d. I have installed the license for symantec be for windows server, remote agent for windows, agent for microsoft exchange server, and other remote agent for windows.I also have other windows 2003 server w...

nokiero by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Info store restore fails access is denied

My exchange server had a hardware failure that required wiping the drives. Now I need to restore the server and Exchange. Windows 2000 sp4, Exch 2000 sp3BE 11D 7170, sp1 I did this a couple years ago with 8.6 and had no issues. The Exchange server is...

Error bakup exchange 2007

Hi i want to backup an exchange 2007 from BE 7170 with all updates. The BE server is installed on a w2000 SP4 server.On exchange 2007, i have install the 1.2.1 CDO package found on MS website From the BE console, i just see the stockage groupe and th...

Exchange 2007 Database not marked as backed up

Hi, I'm running BE 11d 7170 to perform full back up of Exchange 2007. The backup is successfull but Exchange database is not marked as backed up and logs are not flushed. Consequently we're experiencing a cruel log file growth. Please advise! BR,Mika...

Exchange Backup (GRT) fails with this error..

Hi, I'm having the following problem:Exchange Backup (GRT) fails with this error "Database was not found, or could not be accessed". the backup job run up to 95% then it fails.I'm running BE 11.0 Rev. 7170 with the latest updates on Windows Server 20...

HH by Level 3
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

CPS Web Retrieve: Path Not Found...?

OK, I've seen this question asked once before but, no reply was given. I'm running Windows Server 2003 Standard R2 SP2Backup Exec CPS 11d w/HotfixesEverything is fully updated and patched. Here's the problem: After setting up CPS and installing the A...

DrWho by Level 2
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

importing IMG folders to a fresh install.

Recently Backup Exec crashed corrupting some of it's files.  Neither uninstall on the cd or thru windows control panel would work.   I had to brute force delete all files and registry entries to be able to reinstall Backup Exec.  How do I import the ...

Exceptions - Exchange 2007 files skipped.

Hello, I noticed that someone else posted that they have several Exchange files always skipped now that they have Backup Exec 11d successfully backing up Exchange 2007, and that they "assume" that these files are supposed to be skipped.  I also now h...

GNS_2 by Level 2
Partner
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Restore of Exchange 2003 shuts down Remote agent

Backup Exec 11D 7170.24 running on Windows Server 2003 R24 Exchange 2003 SP2 servers running on Windows 2000 SP4 The Backup Server is a fresh install about a week old.  I updated all Remote Agents to Version 24.  I have 60+ servers, so I don't feel l...

Exchange GRT Restore from 64-bit Veritas

Hello,Wondering if anyone has tried to restore specific messages or folders from an exchange backup using the GRT from a host computer that is 64-bit. Apparently Microsoft doesn't have JET drivers for the 64-bit version of windows and Exchange (As we...

AndyVM by Not applicable
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels