Did you mean: 
Backup Exec
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

How to deploy Backup Exec via the AWS Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on AWS Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to AWS for your in-house virtual and physical environments and protects cloud-based workloads in AWS. Veritas Backup Exec helps...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619424553997.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619424554020.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619424554034.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619424554046.png

How to deploy Backup Exec via the Azure Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on Azure Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to Azure for your on-premises environments and protects cloud-based workloads in Azure. Veritas Backup Exec helps customers r...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619423636352.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619423636355.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619423636365.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619423636369.png

Useful links for Upgrading Backup Exec

At its most basic, the upgrade procedure for Backup Exec is simply running installation media for the most recent version on an existing Backup Exec server. Backup Exec 15, 16 and 20 can be upgraded to Backup Exec 21 with this method. Article 1000443...

step upgrades.jpg
rdmchugh by Level 1
Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 10 kudos

cant see all email on grt restore

hi, i have exch 2007 backuped by backupexec12 when tring to restore a mailbox, i see only some of the emails any idea the exch and backupexec are up to date   thanks

slomi by Level 3
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Backup Exec restore mailbox without overwriting new email

Hi Guys, I have a situation with Exchange 2003 server failure, right now Exchange server is up and we want to recover past email that was saved in backup. Currect backup system is using Backup Exec 11d and backup to tape, we will duplicate the backup...

W2 by Level 2
Partner Accredited
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Backup Exec 2010 assistance/training

I have Backup Exec 2010 r3 installed on a couple of my servers.  I have the backups configured and working fine.  My issue is this (and this is where I need help)...My agency is updating and revising our disaster recovery and business continuity plan...

bill_ray by Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Backup Exec 11d sp 5 will not restore!

Just like the title says we are running 11d sp5.  We restore at least every quarter to check backups.  It has worked flawlessly until we put our system on a new domain.  Now everytime I attempt to do a restore I get the following errors.  OBTW I am r...

Backup Exec 2010 - How to restore Sharepoint database?

I backuped up sharepoint database on server 1 using BE2010 with SQL server agent   i am trying to restore on server 2   i have   put tape in server 2launched be2010selected new restore jobSQL file reditection to Server 2 and gave it server 2s sharepo...

Backup exec 2010 - How do i restore sharepoint database?

I have taken a backup of my Sharepoint Database from server 1 using BE2010 with SQL server agent   im attempting to restore this on server 2   I have   inserted tape into server 2launched BE2010Created new restore job and selected sharepoint database...

Sharepoint 2010 File Restore using Backup Exec 2010

Hello, I am trying to restore a few Word doc files from a Sharepoint 2010 doc library using Backup Exec 2010 R3.  I am restoring from a tape and redirecting the files to the local hdd of the Backup Exec Mgmt Server.  Initially, even though the job sh...

ADF by Level 3
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Restoring data with wrong edit date

Hi all, I'm restoring some data at the moment. After i have restored one month 2007 i see that the edit date on most of the folders is the restore date. I'm really confused because now i would like to restore the next moth and overwrite the all the r...

mghomer by Level 6
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Restoring a document for sharepoint

Hi All, I am trying to restore a document for sharepoint team site (to team site where it was orignally) but getting the attached error. Could some one please advise what to do and how to restore sharepoint team site document. We are using Backup Exe...

Nysoh by Level 5
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! SQL Server Transaction Logs "best" practice?

I am not a DBA....but.. we are using SQL for backup exec and VMWare Center  and IBM director. (so effectively IT owns the data) All are set to use transaction logs From a recovery point of view , we are quite happy to do daily backups and truncate th...

Lesta_G by Level 6
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

BE2010 R2 exchange restore fails

Hello we have a simple backup solutions consisting of win2k3 R2 server and BE2010 R2 (upgraded from 2010) im not sure but it seems that after few updates to BE we cant restore exchange as it gives error: Error Final error: 0xe0009446 - Unable to pe...

Kuuno by Level 3
Partner Accredited
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Restore Question

Hi the workflow: I got a shared folder on my network, my clients add files to that folder each day. I set up a backup job in BE to make incremantel backup of that folder into my HP MSL 4048 Auto-Loader every night. When i want to restore some files a...

Backup Exec 2010 R3 no puede restaurar informacion

Buenas tardes, tenia instalado el Backup Exec 11D y ahora formateamos nuestro servidor y le instalamos el  Backup Exec 2010 R3, el problema se da cuando trato de restaurar informacion de mis cintas pero que fueron generadas con la version 11D y me es...

Resolved! Why BE doesn't use both drives in my Auto-Loader?

Hi I'm running Backup Exec 2010 R3 with HP MSL 4048 Auto Loader that contain 2x LTO 5 drives. I created a restore job, the data is on 3 differnet LTO tapes, but BE doesnt seem to use both drives for the restore even when i choose "ALL DEVICES" in the...

Problems searching catalogs

I've recently upgraded from Backup Exec 10d to 2010 r3 and have discovered a problem searching catalogs.  Data appears to show up from the catalogs (if I know the date of a backup, I can drill down and locate the file), but if I try to search the cat...

Backup Exec 2010 R3 problems on Red Hat 5.6 server

Just updated to Backup Exec 2010 a few months ago, and just recently moved my Red Hat 5.6 server that is running Oracle onto this backup server. Ran into 2 problems that I cant seem to figure out.   Problem one: Post Script command I have a nightly b...

Labels