Did you mean: 
Backup Exec
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

How to deploy Backup Exec via the AWS Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on AWS Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to AWS for your in-house virtual and physical environments and protects cloud-based workloads in AWS. Veritas Backup Exec helps...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619424553997.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619424554020.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619424554034.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619424554046.png

How to deploy Backup Exec via the Azure Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on Azure Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to Azure for your on-premises environments and protects cloud-based workloads in Azure. Veritas Backup Exec helps customers r...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619423636352.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619423636355.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619423636365.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619423636369.png

Useful links for Upgrading Backup Exec

At its most basic, the upgrade procedure for Backup Exec is simply running installation media for the most recent version on an existing Backup Exec server. Backup Exec 15, 16 and 20 can be upgraded to Backup Exec 21 with this method. Article 1000443...

step upgrades.jpg
rdmchugh by Level 1
Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 10 kudos

Resolved! Backup Exec 2010 & Exchange 2007

Im trying to find an article on how to backup Exchange 2007 (including individual mailboxes) using Backup Exec 2010 running on Windows 2008 x64. Can anyone provide a link or any info? Thanks!

mjcymru by Level 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Separate Network for Backup

We are taking backup of exchange 2000 storage groups with Backup exec 12.2. However, while backup is running, users faces slowness over the network. So, I am planning for separate physical network for backup of exchange 2000 and file server. Can anyo...

sym_sm by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

restore Exchange 2003 to a recovery Storage Group

Hi, I restores an Exchange 2003 mailbox database to a recovery storage group via Backup Exec 10 d today. The backup was a disk backup. I followed a Symantec document and there was a portion in the backup settings where you could say re-create the mai...

jgough by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Restoring to a single Windows 2000 AD controller

I used to have two Windows 2000 domain controllers but one has recently died.  I am left with the primary box.  Thankfully nothing has happened yet but I would like to know what is the proper procedure, step-by-step, for reviving the server if someth...

jakelim by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Full Server restore with Backup Exec 12.5

Hi everyone! I was wondering if anyone could help me? I have a 2003 server that died yesterday and after 2 days of trying to fix hardware issues with raid controller it looks like the disks have been currupted too. I have replaced the disks with new ...

Kein .bkf File für Image Sicherung mit GRT

Hallo zusammen, wir machen einmal im Monat eine Image Sicherung mit GRT für einige Server, seit geraumer Zeit. Heute möchte ich ein Backup zurückspielen. Allerdings kann das .bkf File nicht mehr katalogisiert werden, was bedeutet, dass ich nicht auf ...

itcab by Level 4
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Problems restoring from disk

We have something odd happening.   We are using Backup Exec 2010 R2 v 13.0 on a Windows 2008 R2 64 bit server. Our backup strategy is to backup to disk, then duplicate that to tape and then to duplicate the disk backup again to another set of tapes (...

RLC0101 by Level 4
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Restore old SQL 2005 DB without overwriting current

Is it possible to restore an old SQL 2005 DB without stopping or overwriting the current production DB.  I have a backup of a DB from last month that I need to be able to access. Can I restore it to another drive while leaving the production instance...

Resolved! Why domain administrator rights for GRT restores in backup exec

In admin guide, symantec recommends to have full domain administrator rights along with other rights for GRT restores. However assigning Domain admin rights is also security breaches... And it is not specified in details what EXACT rights are require...

V4 by Level 6
Partner Accredited
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Cold restoring with Backup Exec 2010 R3

Good afternoon, Sym Community. I have a few questions regarding the best procedure for restoring servers to new hardware. I am developing disaster recovery documentation and want to cover all possible bases and "gotchas". I am currently running Backu...

SMF_LLC by Level 4
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Backup Exec 10 - Exchange Server Restore Issues.

I am running Backup Exec 10 and after my Exchange server crashed, I Built a new system and re-installed Exchange 2003. The problem that I am experiencing is with the Restore job.  When I try to run a Restore on the Microsoft Information Store; First ...

Andy328 by Level 3
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Non-authoritative restore 2008R2 backup exec 12.5

Hi all, I have 2 DCs which are not replicating, this is after a USN rollback on a virtual DC. The rollbacked USN was on DC2. I therefore want to perform a non-authoritative restore on this DC for the system state, the documentation I am coming across...

Resolved! Backup Exec 11 Restore from Copy of Disk Backup

One of our admins made a copy (not using Backup Exec, just OS commands) of the files from a backup that was made to a disk. The disk-based backup original was overwritten later by the regular backup job. Now, we have a user who wants to know if we ca...

TechMama by Not applicable
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Full Windows OS Backup

HI All, We are using Backup Exec 12.5, I want to know about full windows OS backup, I have a SAP system installed on Windows server2003, DB Oracle. Can it possible with Backup Exec to take full System backup and in case any issue we can restore easil...

Resolved! Restore virtual machine to SAN mode: operation system not found

I have a media Server BE 2010 R3 on the windows 2008 x64. I have the VMware infrastructure with SAN in FC. I have run a policy VM Backup for Full backup and differential backup Strategy whit 'transport mode: SAN'. I have scheduled a Full backup at Sa...

enzo by Level 4
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Restore files from a different domain

Hi We recently migrated some servers from one domain to another.  A little while later some files went walkies, and I need to restore them from a backup prior to the migration.  I've selected the data from the media, and redirected the files to a dif...

Restoring mail items after an incremental back with BE2010 R3

Hi, I have a Dell backup appliance using BE 2010 R3. I have an Exchange 2003 server that I back up with the agent. When I do an incremental backup, the backup grabs the log files only (which the software setting states it will do). If mailbox items a...

TCMA by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Exchange 2003 granular restore

Hello there,  We have moved to Office 365 some three months ago, however, before the move, we were Exchange 2003 and I am trying to restore data from the period before we moved to Office 365 back onto that on premise server on to a .pst. The on premi...

Backup Exec

Final error: 0xe0000900 - The requested media is not listed in the media index and could not be mounted. To add the media's catalog information to the disk-based catalogs, run an inventory operation on the media and resubmit the Catalog operation. ...

Arun1 by Level 3
Employee
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels