Did you mean: 
Backup Exec
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

How to deploy Backup Exec via the AWS Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on AWS Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to AWS for your in-house virtual and physical environments and protects cloud-based workloads in AWS. Veritas Backup Exec helps...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619424553997.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619424554020.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619424554034.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619424554046.png

How to deploy Backup Exec via the Azure Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on Azure Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to Azure for your on-premises environments and protects cloud-based workloads in Azure. Veritas Backup Exec helps customers r...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619423636352.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619423636355.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619423636365.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619423636369.png

Useful links for Upgrading Backup Exec

At its most basic, the upgrade procedure for Backup Exec is simply running installation media for the most recent version on an existing Backup Exec server. Backup Exec 15, 16 and 20 can be upgraded to Backup Exec 21 with this method. Article 1000443...

step upgrades.jpg
rdmchugh by Level 1
Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 10 kudos

restore jobs fail with read write error

I'm running backup exec 2010 R3 and started using the deduplication option. I've been having trouble with read write errors. I can backup with the dedup and it completes successfully but when I try to restore a file from that backup I get a storage r...

knfitz by Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Error while backing up Virtual Domain Controller

I am currently using Backup Exec 2010 r3 to backup a 2003 domain controller and I am receiving the following error: V-79-57344-65097 - Error. Cannot backup directory \zzzVirtApp000zzz and its subdirectories. I disabled both Active Directory GRT and ...

Reporting

Hi all, BE 2010 R3 SP2 need a bit of assistance regarding reporting: Is there a way of producing a report to list all jobs that have GRT enabled? Help/suggestions are much appreciated. cheers

rgreg by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Continuous Protection Service Snapshot Intervall zu lang

Hallo Grüßt euch, ich teste gerade CPS und habe eine Frage. Kann man den snapshoot intervall bei cps verkürzen(etwa alle 5 - 10 Minuten)? Da wir nur  relativ geringe Datenmengen damit sichern müssen die aber oft geändert werden und hohe brisanz haben...

Resolved! VSS error 8193 / 4K per cluster USB disk

Hello.   I think I have a similar problem like this one: https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/backup-exec-2010-vss-error#comment-7527601 System: W2008 R2 Enterprise, Hyper-V, Failover-Cluster, DNS, BackupExec 2010 R3 Media Server, Dell R710...

Resolved! Schedule restore on data still to be backed up?

I am looking to move our users home directory, this is easy enough but has to be backed up and restored between the users leaving in the evening and arriving in the morning. This is possible but in means I have to get up and start the restore at 5:00...

gna by Level 3
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Deduplication and Rehydration

Hello, I'm trying to understand what rehydration is and how it works, especially when it comes to raw data and bk files. Just general information about it. Thanks.

Resolved! BEDB.bak File Not Updating

I noticed yesterday that Backup Exec isn't updating the BEDB.bak files (last modification was April 2011).  What's odd is I have database maintenance enabled.  Perhaps this is a result of me moving the Backup Exec DB from local to the dedicated SQL s...

Resolved! Backup Exec crashing - trying to connect to unknown host

Hi there, I have a 2008 r2 server which is running BE 13.0 Rev. 6164, and has suddenly developed a problem. Any backup I run crashes randomly with: V-79-57344-65072 - The connection to target system has been lost. Backup set canceled Windows Applicat...

Symantec System Recovery and Backup Exec Restore conflict

Hi We are running BE 2010 R3 on Server 2008 R2 we have both SSR 2011 and BE on the same server I see no issues while backing up to tape using BE and at the same time creating an image to external drive using SSR !But, when restore from tape to disk u...

Resolved! Backup exec 2010 R3 on 10Gig LAN

Hi all, currently we have our BE2010R3 environment running on 1GB LAN. We are looking for reduce backup windows and improve backup rate. We have 3 media server writing on a DD640. Management is asking for evaluating an network infrastructure upgrade ...

beaumont1 by Level 2
Partner Accredited
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Noob Question regarding remote backup

Dear All,   I have my BE2010 server at our main offices. In  remote location, there is one server and one NAS device. The locations are connected via VPN.   If i install the remote agent on the server and set it to backup to the NAS device, will the ...

Rami78 by Level 2
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Backup Exec 2010 R3 B2D jobs fail

I have an Exchange 2003 server with Backup Exec 2010 R3 on the same box.  I have a daily backup job, which backs up Exchange to tape.  This job succeeds each day.  Once a week, I have a job set to back up our information store to an external hard dri...

Joel_F by Level 3
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudos

Jobs failing with error "remote agent not detected"

I have a job that just started failing and the issue points to a specific server with the error "remote agent not detected". I've verified the remote agent on the problem server is enabled and that the version is the same as the media server. Here is...

leekum by Level 4
  • 18 replies
  • 1 kudos

Exchange 2003 SP2 upgrading Agent Issues

I have an Exchange 2003 servers 1 front end and 2 mail stores.  I have been using Backup Exec 11D to backup the systems.   We have upgraded our Backup Envorment (Server library and softare). So I have got a New Backup system running Backup Exec 2010R...

Simple file copying for archive using BE2010?

I have BE2010.  I need to just copy folders and files as is to an archiving location.  I do not need this destination to be set up to restore.  I do not need the target to be in the BE format.  The target need to be in the matching folder structure o...

Resolved! full backup does not

to create a task to do full backup of a drive, the task will be completed very quickly, trying to restore this backup, no data, status and get full image capture, appears only the directories but not the files within them . Does anyone have any idea...

Resolved! SBS2011 Crash Backed Up with BEX2010R3

Hello there I have a mysterious problem, that one server after a reboot, would come again and again into the system recovery console. Its an HP Proliant ML370 G7. I restored an Image wich was made with BESR2010. But same issue. Now i'm thinking to ma...

Jobs failing with error "remote agent not detected"

All of a sudden my jobs are failing. Checking the logs it is pointing to one server with the error "remote agent not detected". Here is the error: Final error: 0xe000846b - The resource could not be backed up because an error occurred while connectin...

leekum by Level 4
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels