Did you mean: 
Backup Exec
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

How to deploy Backup Exec via the AWS Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on AWS Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to AWS for your in-house virtual and physical environments and protects cloud-based workloads in AWS. Veritas Backup Exec helps...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619424553997.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619424554020.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619424554034.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619424554046.png

How to deploy Backup Exec via the Azure Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on Azure Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to Azure for your on-premises environments and protects cloud-based workloads in Azure. Veritas Backup Exec helps customers r...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619423636352.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619423636355.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619423636365.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619423636369.png

Useful links for Upgrading Backup Exec

At its most basic, the upgrade procedure for Backup Exec is simply running installation media for the most recent version on an existing Backup Exec server. Backup Exec 15, 16 and 20 can be upgraded to Backup Exec 21 with this method. Article 1000443...

step upgrades.jpg
rdmchugh by Level 1
Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 10 kudos

Backup Exec - Need Assistance in Setting up

Good afternoon! I am hoping there is a simple solution to getting backups set up on our server. We are using Server Standard for Small Business and have Backup Exec 2010 installed. I have searched online for how to's on setting up backups for our com...

tmingo by Not applicable
Partner Accredited
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Backup Exec 10.0 Restore from tape

Trying to restore from a tape back up. Using 40GB tape, I ran the Inventory which took no time and showed 100% successful. I then ran the Catalog which does not show any status. I ran it for 1 hour, 20 minutes with no byte count, no percent complete....

Louis_G by Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Excluding files not working

Hello, I've setup on my backup system to exclude certain files Via Manage Selections\Excludes and its been working fine but all of a sudden its stopped working. I've tried closing Backup Exec completely (12.5 version if you need to know), stopping al...

Backup Exec 2010 R3 Restore Error

Hello all, I am a symantec backup exec newbie, please accept my apologizes if I have posted wrong messages and discussions by mistake.   I have a very simple running network. DC - Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 as a domain Controller EX - Wind...

Diff restore from tape and hdd

Product Backup Exec 2010 r3 Hi all, I did a full backup of a resource1 on Backup Exec server hard drive(hdd1) and duplicated the this job on the tape(tape1) A few days later I did a differential backup  resource1 only to tape (tape2) Now I need ...

Resolved! Some question about VMware backups

Hello, I have some question about VMware backups: 1) If the virtual disk is 200 GB but just 100 GB are used, how much will be the the backup size? Can Backup Exec optimize the storage utilization without copying the empty blocks? 2) Can I make full s...

ddm2 by Level 5
Partner Accredited Certified
  • 4 replies
  • 5 kudos

how to take the backup of configuration of backup exec server

how will i am able to restore my data if my backup server got crashed but my  data is safe on storage..is i need to create the same job first then i will be able to restart, if i install the console on other server also (ONLY BACKUP EXEC CONSOLE) is ...

roh234 by Level 5
Partner Accredited
  • 9 replies
  • 1 kudos

Restore without recall from eVault

Hi all, I'm looking for possibility to restore archived(eVault) date with Backup Exce 2010 and 12.5 without to recalling the data from eVault. Is there any possibility in Backup Exec for that. I hope somebody here can help me with that.   Thank you a...

mghomer by Level 6
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Unable to view Linux host on media Server's selection list

Hi There, I don't know that i m doing somthing different but still I would like to share my problem. We are using Symantec Backyup Exec 2010 R3 on windows 2008 R2 x64 and have VMWare ESX virtual infrastructure. I have installed Agent for vmware on th...

Restore Data to new server

Our single Server 2003 R2 has just failed.  The hard drive is inaccessable.  It had two partions one for OS and one for Data.  The data was religiously backed up and from time to time files were restored from the installed tape drive. I have now inst...

JFWILSON by Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! 2 Media servers and CASO - what if one crashes

Hello, I run BE2010 with 2 servers. Server A is the CASO one and is connected to dedup storage A. Server B is just a MMS and connected to dedup storage B. I run all jobs followed by a duplicate. If backup job runs on Server A / Dedup A, then there is...

Resolved! Backup exec 2010 Mail restore

Hi All I want to ask about: Can i to restore single mailbox and massage in exchange 2010(DAG). from Backup Exec  2010 from Diff. BKP?? I take the diff backup for the mail Exchange but when i need to restore it from the diff Backup i can see only LOG ...

How to restore C, D at the same time

Hi, i need to restore a one of my backups (from tape ) to another server, not the same server which i took the backup from it, (both servers with the same hardware), but as far as i can see i can retore only one partion at the time using the (Redirec...

Yasin_N by Level 3
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! How to back up the Backup Exec server?

Running BE 2010 R2, on a Dell server, with 4GB ram, Windows Server 2008 R2 standard (64 bit). What's the recommended way of restoring the Backup Exec server itself after hardware failure or similar (DR scenario, for example)? Other than taking a dail...

Can not restore mailboxes

Hello, We recently deleted some old mailboxes from a customers server. However, the customer still wanted access to the mailboxes. When we restore the mailbox, error E00002FC occurs. The backup stops after 46.111.509.876 bytes and no mailboxes are re...

Restore of Backup to Disk Failing

Hi All I am new to back-up exec, please bear with me....   We are running Bankup Exec 12. For the past 2 months we have been running back-up to disk to an external drive. My setup is quite simple, the external drive is on my data server(Which has the...

Resolved! Issue with VMWare GRT SQL Restore from Tape

I have been puzzeling over this for the past few days and hoping someone has some insight on what i'm overlooking. The issue is in regards to GRT restores from VMWare backups on tape, in particular SQL databases. I am able to succesfully backup the v...

Labels