Did you mean: 
System Recovery
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Useful Veritas System Recover 22 - Links

Release Notes for Veritas System Recovery 22 : v22.0Veritas™ System Recovery 22 Readme : v22.0Veritas System Recovery 22 Licensing Guide : v22.0Veritas™ System Recovery 22 User's Guide : v22.0Veritas™ System Recovery 22 Manager Readme : v22.0Veritas™...

klauskresnik by Moderator
Employee Accredited Certified
  • 6 replies
  • 6 kudos

'How To' videos for Veritas System Recovery (VSR)

How to backup to Azure using Veritas System Recovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulOdmKfD8Qg How to backup to Amazon S3 using Veritas System Recovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3ptziLui0U How to perform a Bare Metal restore using Veritas ...

criley by Moderator
Employee Accredited
  • 2 replies
  • 6 kudos

Problem with installaton of SIM 7.6 on Server 2012

Hello, I have tried many ways to install SIM 7.6 on Windows Server 2012 but with absolutely no success. I want to manage our system, which has about 50 PC's backed up with SSR 2013, but I am not able to install Installation Manager first. Here is t...

SSR 2013 R2 - Email report/result not in language

Hi i have an ssr install which for some reason has gone completely weird. When ssr finished i get it to email the result for monitoring purposes. However for some reason it now doesn give me anything that says sucess or failed. heres an example: Da...

Resolved! SSR2013 R2 backup error

I have a Windows Server 2003 R2 Standard Edition SP2 installed with SSR2013 and it was running fine. After upgrade to SSR2013 R2, the backup fails. I tried uninstall and reinstall but still the same error message. Appreciate any help. === Error EC8...

lss_mh by Level 2
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! SSR 2013 backup failing, need debug logging

Our backups will fail every month or so.  The error message is below:   Error EC8F17B7: Cannot create recovery points for job: Drive Backup of System Reserved (*:\), (C:\), d-drive (D:\), e-drive(E:\). Error E0BB00B5: Snapshot error Error EBAB03...

Resolved! Full backup in Symantec System Recovery 2013

Is there a solution for ensuring the full backup also if the scheduled time for full backup has been missed? Currently - if the scheduled time for full backup has been missed - SSR 2013 continues with incremental backups. This can result in a contin...

sg08234 by Not applicable
Partner
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

What's being backed up during an incremental?

Morning everyone. I just wondered if it's possible to determine what was actually backed up during an incremental backup job. I only ask as we have a job which is set to create an hourly incremental backup throughout the day which will usually cr...

Resolved! Exchange 2013 issue with SSR 2013

I have just migrated to Exchange 2013, CU7. I have tested  Symantec System Recovery and it does make backups. The issue is SSR 2013 is supposed to be VSS aware, and yet it does not truncate the transaction log files in Exchange 2013 when a full backu...

RViney by Level 3
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Invalid Target Drive HDD

Chris, I have been monitoring the two seperate HDDs in a dual boot configuration and now each time I boot into the recovery environment I get both Invalid Target Drives. The edit function also works every time to enable the drives to become valid ag...

DStain by Level 5
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Buying SSR 2013 R2

Hi, Please could someone tell me how & where in the UK I can purchase Symantec System Recovery 2013 R2 Server Edition? The buy now link on the SSR product page (http://www.symantec.com/system-recovery-server-edition/) just errors: http://buy.symante...

Resolved! SSR2013 - ERROR: Installation failed with error -532462766.

Hey everybody, For some reason the Symantec website does not let me create a new support case (times out), therefor I'm hoping this forum might be of any help. I'm trying to install SSR2013 R2 for one of my clients (W8.1 Pro 64bit). When I run brow...

andydtn by Level 2
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Norton Security + Symantec System Recovery = Problems

Friends. I get so tired when two products from the same manufacturer collide with each other. In my case it is Norton Security by Symantec (version 22.1.0.9) and Symantec System Recovery 2013 R2 (version 11.1.0.53728) that do not like each other. ...

gardis by Level 4
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Scheduling Weekly Jobs

My customer does a full backup every day. They have 4 USB drives one each for Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday. However, for Friday they have a set of 3 USB drives that they use on rotation. There is a seperate job for a Monday, Tuesday, Wedne...

MMC99 by Level 2
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Server 2012R2 Hyper-V Host Backup and Restore Process

Running Server 2012R2 and using Hyper-V for multiple guest VMs.  An additional networked server is available for storage of backups. What is the best practice (or KB article) for using System Recovery 2013R2 (Server Edition) to backup and restore gu...

JKisner by Level 4
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! SSR 2013 run backup from command line

Hi All, I installed SSR 2013 R2 to Windows 7. Does Anyone know, how to run a manual full backup of C drive from command line in SSR 2013? What is the command to run a backup? Regards.

evo by Level 4
Partner Accredited
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Number of backup images stuck at 2 on one computer?

Latest version a SSR 2013, 11.0.2.49853 on Win 8.1 on 2 computers. On one it is set for 3 Independent Recover points for a backup set of C:, an ESP drive, and K: totaling about 170GB's on a 1 TB drive with other objects and 355Gb's free. No problems...

IrvS by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels