Did you mean: 
Backup Exec
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

How to deploy Backup Exec via the AWS Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on AWS Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to AWS for your in-house virtual and physical environments and protects cloud-based workloads in AWS. Veritas Backup Exec helps...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619424553997.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619424554020.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619424554034.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619424554046.png

How to deploy Backup Exec via the Azure Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on Azure Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to Azure for your on-premises environments and protects cloud-based workloads in Azure. Veritas Backup Exec helps customers r...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619423636352.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619423636355.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619423636365.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619423636369.png

Useful links for Upgrading Backup Exec

At its most basic, the upgrade procedure for Backup Exec is simply running installation media for the most recent version on an existing Backup Exec server. Backup Exec 15, 16 and 20 can be upgraded to Backup Exec 21 with this method. Article 1000443...

step upgrades.jpg
rdmchugh by Level 1
Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 10 kudos

Backup strategy with BE 11d

Hi all At our school we currently have 3 main servers - server1, server2 and server3. Server3 runs BE 11d whilst server 1 and 2 runs RM's very basic Server Backup software. We recently purchased a 2TB NAS box (QNAP TS-459+ Pro) and some external esat...

jimmyca by Level 2
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Missed agent in the job seetings

Hy, ive got an Windows 2003 Server how has install the Backup Exec Agent.   In the remote Backup Server ive got a job to backup this (and oso other machines). I can see the windows server on the source server if i chose "show format"  = "text". But i...

treno by Level 2
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Cannot View the Public Folders

Hi All, I wonder if somone could help me please? One of the user has deleted the huge sub public folder from exchange 2003. Using MS utility I am unable to recover this folder because it might be a huge folder size? However we are using Backup Exec 2...

Nysoh by Level 5
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

BEX User account differences

Using BEX 12 for Windows Servers Version 12.0 Rev 1364 on WinXPP to backup several servers (file and sql Win2003, SQL2005) We have difficulty between 2 user accounts. Both are domain admin accounts in AD, local administrators group on XP machine. Yet...

davdee by Level 2
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Backup Solution

Hello Everyone We have multiple servers on the network that being backed up by Symantec backup exec 2010. PROBLEM: The current backup consists of a Full backup which runs on Sunday nights. This backup takes 12-16hrs to complete. The backup is stored ...

Resolved! Symantec Backup Exec 12.5 Remote Device Use

I have recently installed a separate Dell Powervault 124T Tape Autoloader in my environment in place of my standalone Powervault Single LTO4 Tape Drive. I would like to now attach my standalone tape drive to a separate server on my network, and still...

Backup Exec server: Upgrade Windows to 2008 R2

Hi, because we need to backup our (new) exchange 2010 servers, apparently we need to upgrade our Backup Exec server from 2003 R2 to a 64-bit version. We would install windows 2008 R2 with the same version of Backup exec (2010 R2) on the same physical...

Setting for Remote Agent Deduplication

I cannot set correctly for Remote Agent Deduplication. < My Environment > We use Central Admin Server Option and Deduplication Option. When I create Remote Agent Deduplication, some servers don't have deduplication folder. Please check following pict...

Resolved! Backup Exec 2010 R2 misses restore sessions

Hi, I have a strange problem regarding a BE restore rob. I need to restore a file from the 23rd of April, where a  full backup job of our fileserver has run successful. But I can't see the according session (with date) to restore the files. There is ...

mars_ltd by Level 3
Partner
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Question on Legacy UNIX agent and Backup Exec 2010

We are currently running Backup Exec UNIX Agent Version 5.01 on 2 SCO UNIX 5.06a servers with Backup Exec 11d.  I want to upgrade our Backup Exec to Backup Exec 2010 but need to know if this agent will connect to the media server.  These servers are ...

msamash by Level 2
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Option/Add-on/License mess ?? Help!!

I just inherited a backup and restore project from another network team and I’m trying to sort out the Backup Exec products that were purchased and was hoping someone might be able to help me identify which of these needs to be installed together and...

KennRJ by Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Creating Backup BKF

Hi, Im missing something quite straight forward - how do you create the backup as BKF? Ive set a backup of a daily differential to an external USB drive and its storing the backup files as multiple IMG folders. I want to achieve just one single BKF f...

BackupExec 2010 R2 Selection List

Hello,   I Need to create a job that backs up a list of pc's in a domain, with specific file-types in the My Documents only. (For example .xls**, .doc** etc only in My Documents)   How it can be done?   Thanks

mseuser by Level 2
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! BE 12.5 - Liveupdate Not an Option

I have BE 12.5 server I just setup at our DR location. I would like to apply all necessary updates to it however, the DR site does not have access to the internet directly and per network policy the DR subnet is prevented from accessing the internet ...

Khue by Level 4
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Disk to Disk Monthly backup taking up too much disk space

Hi there, We have got three jobs setup for each server: daily, fortnightly and monthly.  The total disk space for the D2D backup is 2.7TB.  The daily back for all the servers consumes around 940GB.  The monthly backup medias has got overwrite protect...

winniex by Level 3
Partner
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to Restore a old backup.

Hello, I'm using Backup Exec 12.5. I do a backup to network drive daily. If I wanted to restore a from a old backup, but the Backup Exec server does not show it in the list of backups. How do I Inventory and catalog the backed up files. So that I can...

CharlesB by Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

DLO users and Computers stuck "Delete Pending"

This is in reference to the closed discussion which only comes up with a band-aid. https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/cannot-delete-user-dlo-console-stuck-delete-pending-state Is there any solution to keep this from happening?  I have 3 t...

CJA333 by Level 2
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Restore single mail to another mailbox

Hey there,   following scenario: I wanna restore some mails to another mailbox.   Restore from Exchange 2003 to 2003 = possible? Yes, i think so..? Which syntax I should you use at the settings on redirect destination? Server = "\\exchange2003-srv" ?...

m-d by Level 4
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Media Alert - too many emails.

Looking at  https://www-secure.symantec.com/connect/forums/how-alert-user-insert-tape-backup-tape-drive I've done Tools, Alert Catergories, Media Insert My issue is that it works too well - I got FIVE emails for the media insert alert.   Why might th...

Labels