Did you mean: 
System Recovery
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Useful Veritas System Recover 22 - Links

Release Notes for Veritas System Recovery 22 : v22.0Veritas™ System Recovery 22 Readme : v22.0Veritas System Recovery 22 Licensing Guide : v22.0Veritas™ System Recovery 22 User's Guide : v22.0Veritas™ System Recovery 22 Manager Readme : v22.0Veritas™...

klauskresnik by Moderator
Employee Accredited Certified
  • 6 replies
  • 6 kudos

'How To' videos for Veritas System Recovery (VSR)

How to backup to Azure using Veritas System Recovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulOdmKfD8Qg How to backup to Amazon S3 using Veritas System Recovery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u3ptziLui0U How to perform a Bare Metal restore using Veritas ...

criley by Moderator
Employee Accredited
  • 2 replies
  • 6 kudos

SSR 2011

We have been deploying SSR 2011 on few clients now..  One of our clients wants to test the bear metal recovery option from an image on a similar hardware for a test. Where do I download the BOOTABLE CD/DVD so I can boot the new hardware and load stor...

RossG by Level 4
Partner
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Granular restore for Exchange is not working.

Hello, I have a single Exchange 2007 SP3 server that is backed-up with SSR 2011. A new recovery point set is created every Thursday, and an Incremental recovery point is created every night. I keep 4 recovery point sets, and let SSR manage my storage...

ronr by Level 4
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Backup to 3TB External USB drives

Hi,   We currently use Windows Server Backup (WSB) on Server 2008 to run our backups but are starting to find it's limitations.  I'm now starting to look at replacements and am interested in the Symantec System Recovery (SSR) Product. I have a few qu...

Symantec System Recovery 2011

Is this version compatible with IE9 and .NET3.5? As i'm trying to install on Server 2008R2 and it keeps asking for me to upgrade to the latest Framework and IE even thought they are the latest. Are there any solutions? Thanks in advance KAI1

kai1 by Level 2
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Multiple-step OLE DB operation generated errors

Hi, I am running Symantec sytem Recovery 2011 on Windows Server 2008 R2.  The backup completed correctly but the email message was as below: Description: Info 6C8F1F79: A manual base recovery point of drive C:\ was created successfully. Multiple-step...

NeilB by Level 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

System Restore 2011 vs Backup Exec

Hi Apologies if this has been asked before, I did search but was unable to find anything. Could someone explain what the main drawbacks would be in implementing Symantec System Restore 2011 as a backup as well as DR solution instead of Symantec Backu...

nfshirley by Level 2
Partner Accredited
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

SSR2011just scans disks and does not start without reboot

I have SSR2011 installed on a WIN7Ult 64 Bit machine. If I had it my way I would only reboot this machine maybe once per week. Lately I have had to boot it just so that SSR would start up properly.   The other day I performed the reboot and then the ...

JPMTJR by Level 3
Partner
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

SBESR 2010 hangs at same percent % every time

When making a backup with SBESR 2010, it will hang/stall at the same point every time (in this case 58/59%).  Prior to that it proceeds normally, and at normal speed.  Once it hits that point, the backup no longer does anything, and the time to compl...

Symantec SR 2011 and SSD

I will be replacing a laptop sata drive with a new ssd.  WIll the normal image backup (to a removable drive) and subsequent bare metal restore to the ssd work using SR 2011?  Thks.

mkelfer by Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Symantec System Recovery 2011 SRD will not boot.

Greetings all. We've been using SSR 2011 frequently since its release without issue - imaging machines and so on. We primarily deploy Dell machines and have recently started to use their Optiplex 790 and 990 range but have stumbled upon an issue wher...

e-charge by Level 3
  • 18 replies
  • 0 kudos

Dynamic PArtition Type

(1) Does Symantec System Recovery support Dynamic Partition Types Drievs also.I have an SAP Server and 3 drives are dynamic located on SANDRIVE.Now when i am trying to restore its giving error....   (2) Also my SAP server has 6 Partitions 3 Primary a...

skbagaria by Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

System Recovery Management Software...

OK I cannot make heads or tails of the managment solution. All I want to do is manage the 100 or so VMs that we are backup up with Symantec System Recovery. I mostly just want to know if they backups were successful, or not. I can't figure out how to...

Symantec System Recovery 2011

I have installed the software i am using the 60 trial version.  I did a back up of a server and now when i goto restore the data i cant get to the network shares.  is there a proper procedure on how to do a restore using this product.

topkick by Not applicable
Partner
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! System Recovery 2011 - Save a specified network file

Hi,   I'm currently using Symantec System Recovery 2011 and I need to be able to backup a single file on a remote computer. For now, I'm only able to do that on a local computer or to backup a full remote computer. Is this because I am using a TRIAL ...

Ohmega by Level 3
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

User Access to 2011 Management Solution - Access Denied

Good Morning, I'm new to SSR 2011 and so far I've had nothing but issues with it's ease of use.  I upgraded to 2011 from 8.5 - and by upgraded I mean, uninstalled 8.5 and installed 2011 then recreated everything - because there is nothing seamless ab...

Labels