Did you mean: 
Backup Exec
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

How to deploy Backup Exec via the AWS Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on AWS Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to AWS for your in-house virtual and physical environments and protects cloud-based workloads in AWS. Veritas Backup Exec helps...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619424553997.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619424554020.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619424554034.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619424554046.png

How to deploy Backup Exec via the Azure Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on Azure Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to Azure for your on-premises environments and protects cloud-based workloads in Azure. Veritas Backup Exec helps customers r...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619423636352.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619423636355.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619423636365.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619423636369.png

Useful links for Upgrading Backup Exec

At its most basic, the upgrade procedure for Backup Exec is simply running installation media for the most recent version on an existing Backup Exec server. Backup Exec 15, 16 and 20 can be upgraded to Backup Exec 21 with this method. Article 1000443...

step upgrades.jpg
rdmchugh by Level 1
Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 10 kudos

Resolved! Backup Exec support failure

Has anyone else had trouble reaching Backup Exec support since the split from Symantec? I tried to upgrade a site from 2010 to 15 last week. I created a case last Monday and received a call on Tuesday. I worked with support and they decided the case ...

pmajon by Level 3
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Backup Exec 2010 R2 Error Restore With Code E000FEE1

Hi All, Hopefully some had experiencing same problem like me using symatec backup exec 2010 r2. We are using this software for backup and it not had problem until now, but lately when I want to restore files from incremental backup it always fail w...

Warning message in DLO

Hello, Please I need your help, I show me this warning message in my console, I don't know what i can to do. Thanks my friends    

Resolved! Fibre Drives, yet Copper is being used

Hi, I am having difficulty utilising my Fibre connectivity to its full extent. Currently it appears that when I backup the remote server, the information is passed through the media server (via copper) for processing which then pushes it to our tape...

Cupis by Level 4
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unable to get new agent license

I have been trying to purchase a new Backup Exec agent license (SQL server) for the past month. My vendor is telling me that there is a backlog of license requests because of the split (Symantec/Vertias) and there is nothing he can do. Is anyone else...

Resolved! No resources seen after create Active directory domain

Hello Everyone, I am using Backup Exec 2010 R2 since 2012 in my Dell server with Operating system Windows Server 2008 R2. Recently I create Active directory domain server. After successful configuration of domain I realize that my backup job wizard...

Amarish by Level 3
  • 14 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! BU Exec In use problem

Hi,   we have an issue with BU Exec 2010 r3 and our HP MSL2024 tape drive. Recently our nightly backups have been randomly failing with an error indicating the drive cannot read the media.  One night we will not have an issue, the next night it w...

Resolved! Hot Add

I have CAS and managed server.  Managed server is VM (Vmware). When  i run job, job  running to nbd. ESXi host viewed my MMS and backuping servers, but job NOT running hot add. Why?  Backup running to Datadomain, version SBE 2010 R3 with last updat...

Resolved! How to count the agent number

Hi symantec support Please advise how to count the DB agent/ file agent /linux agent on BE2010 and BE15,so that I can know how many license I need to purchase? By report? How ? version 2010 and 15

Resolved! Error Add windows system

Hi all, Recent I've two server run window server 2008, install backup 2010 r3. I meet issue about Add Windows System error while add on BackupServer. Pls help me fix it. P/S : I've reinstall BackupAgent on remote server, in publishing tab: it's ok...

Resolved! Live Update doesn't see any pending updates

See pic attached.  The current version is 2010 R2 SP1.  LU doesn't see anything pending.   What is the recommended action when this happens, fix LU or manual download/install.   If the latter, pls provide URL for files.   Running win 2k8 R2  

Resolved! Cannot Backup EV after migration

I am unable to perform backup after EV migration to new server. Everything is working fine on EV server. Old enviroment: Windows 2003 R2 SQL 2005 EV 9.0.4 Backup exec 2010 R3 New enviroment: Windows 2008 R2 SQL 2008 R2 EV 9.0.4 Backup exec ...

Resolved! copy tapes between drivers

Hello folks,  I want a solution to move backup already taken to tape autoloader LTO3 to new Autoloader LTO6 my solution is to connect the LTO3 & LTO6 Autoloader to the symantic backup exec and configure boh drives then copy from tape LTO3 to New ta...

Emanakhly by Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 4 kudos

Resolved! SQL connection error

Hi, As you may know we have an issue with upgrading the BE 2010 R2 to R3 we cannot use the brwoser.exe to install the R3 so I did try to run setup.exe from the BE\WinNT\Install\BEx64 and just to see if we pass the pre-chaeck, I went untill the step ...

Shahin by Level 6
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! 0xe0001603 - Access is denied (MS SQL backup)

Good day, I keep getting the above error when doing an Incremental Backup to Disk. Please help as I've allready changed the password Credentials. The data we backup are user files and sql databases.   V-79-57344-5635   Thank You,  

Resolved! pre install warnings

Hi, We try to upgrade from 2010 R2 to R3 for our Dell Tape library, the pre install shows 3 warning, 1. one says this machine is a Termial server. 2. one or more devices connected to this comuter are either not connected or not working. about 4 m...

Shahin by Level 6
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Problem with upgrade

Hi, We try to upgrade from 2010 R2 to 2010 R3, when run the browser.exe we cannot see the content of the install page. we see this: Any idea what causing this?

Shahin by Level 6
  • 18 replies
  • 0 kudos

BE2010R3 error 33808

Hi all I use Proliant G8,  Windows Server 2008 R2 and BE2010R3. Every weekend for 2 months I have an error while a full backup. I use 3 jobs - system backups of all servers (system state, config files), data backups of all servers, lotusnotes databa...

Serhi84 by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Restore to EMC NDMP

We are able to backup from the EMC NDMP but when we restore receive following error Also attached DeBug log  Backupexec 2010 R3 SP4  One or more exclude selections were specified. Excluded selections for restore jobs on NDMP servers are not suppor...

B-Rock by Level 3
  • 19 replies
  • 1 kudos
Labels