Did you mean: 
Backup Exec
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

How to deploy Backup Exec via the AWS Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on AWS Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to AWS for your in-house virtual and physical environments and protects cloud-based workloads in AWS. Veritas Backup Exec helps...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619424553997.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619424554020.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619424554034.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619424554046.png

How to deploy Backup Exec via the Azure Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on Azure Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to Azure for your on-premises environments and protects cloud-based workloads in Azure. Veritas Backup Exec helps customers r...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619423636352.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619423636355.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619423636365.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619423636369.png

Useful links for Upgrading Backup Exec

At its most basic, the upgrade procedure for Backup Exec is simply running installation media for the most recent version on an existing Backup Exec server. Backup Exec 15, 16 and 20 can be upgraded to Backup Exec 21 with this method. Article 1000443...

step upgrades.jpg
rdmchugh by Level 1
Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 10 kudos

Long running backup for single server

I am running Backup Exec 2010 R3 on a Windows 2008 R2 Enterprise server.  One of the servers that I backup (Windows 2008 R2 STD) intermittantly runs VERY long.  Were talking about 9 hours longer than normal to backup that single server (C, D, Shadow ...

JoshuaT by Level 3
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! I can not get linux backup

Hello people. I'm not getting back up my Linux servers. I have BE 2010 R2. 1 - I added the IP of the linux server in User-Defined Selections and I can see the tree of directories and select the folder I want to back up. 2 - With the right mouse bu...

Backup fails with VSS fail error event ID 12292

Hi,   I am running backup exec 2010 r2 on windows server 2008 r2. The backup have been running well until last week this error started. Kindly assist. I have checked on the below and all the configurations are ok Volume Shadow Copy or Microsoft...

pwahome by Level 2
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! "File not present in the snapshot" error but the file is there

I'm getting the "File xxx is not present in the snapshot" warning during backup, but I've verified that the folder and files being referenced in the error ARE there. I found a bunch of posts with the error for files that aren't there, but couldn't f...

brastedd by Level 3
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

AOFO failure

We are running a job using AOFO with "Automatically select open file technology" . The job has been running fine for months, but recently some of the directories backed up by this job are failing with "directory could not be accessed" (the directorie...

navid1 by Level 2
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Backup Exec 2010 R3 Tap library issue

Hi There, I'm pretty new to the this product since I had to handle a query unfortunately on Backup exec. We have a DELL POWERVAULT 124T tape library with 8 slots and it was throwing an error. This was due to an unexpected power cut and there were no...

Backup Schedule Conflict

Backup Job to run Every Friday - have unchecked last friday of the month EOM job scheduled to run last friday of every month   Problem is that Friday's job on months with only 4 friday's in it shows it will run.  Also EOM shows it will run on that...

94Wing by Not applicable
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Change backup set data retention

Hello, I have to change the data retention of some specific backup sets. I'm an user of BEX 2015 and 2010 edition is a bit different, I cannot found the section where to set backup expiration. Do you have hints ?

Resolved! Problem with dedupe folder

I've created a new Backup Exec server after our old one crashed. I'm trying to create a depdupe folder by pointing it to the old dedupe folder that we had on another storage device (I'd like to save the old backups if possible). When I go to create t...

mtaylor by Level 3
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Not overwriting overwritable media

I've seen this topic before and have not been able to solve my problem. Background: Running B/E 2010 R3 SP4 on W2K8 R2 Standard One Tandberg Library, Backup to Disk and a Deduplication Storage Folder. Weekly Backups are configured to run to the D...

DubyaG by Level 2
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Re-duplicating backup sets for archival purposes

Hello, Running D2D2T backups using Backup Exec 2010 R3. One of our requirements is that we do a month-end archive of certain data (email & file shares). I have the robotic library set up as one large partition, so all of the duplication jobs can wri...

Resolved! Backup Exec Server failed - question about recovery

We recently had our Backup Exec 2010 R3 server crash and burn and is not recoverable. Luckily the dedupe backup folder was located on another storage device. Is it possible to bring up another server and point it at our existing backups? Will it reco...

mtaylor by Level 3
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos

Media Tapes appendable until - "Not Appendable"

Hi, I'm newbie in this field. Using BE2010 R3, almost all the tapes were ejecting before a backup job starts to run but the tapes are not full. I observed under media tab category that when a tape named color is blue which overwrite protection until...

BackupExec List Media Barcodes and Expiration

Hi, I hope someone can help. I am trying to find a command or report that will list ALL physical media known by BackupExec along with the tape label/barcode and expiration date. Ideally a command, but a report that I can produce in a delimited forma...

BE2010R3 Database Maintenance Time Changing By Itself

Hi All, I've run across an issue plaguing quite a few of my Server 2008 systems. Due to long backup times and a scheduled reboot, I had to change the Database Maintenance time from 4:00AM to 6:00AM. About every 30 days or so, the time changes back ...

Resolved! Backup exec 2010 failed today ......

Hi, I run an old copy of backup exec 2010 r3 on my old HP server DL360 with surestore 24 tape drive. Earlier in the week I pulled out 3 tapes and didn't put in the other 3 for day .... this caused the backup exec to throw up an error 58053 and it pu...

Configuring BE2010R3 to write to disk instead of tape

Hello! First time on the discussion site and I'm looking for help. my TL4000 tape library has crashed. I have a new one on order but I need to get a full backup a.s.a.p.! I keep getting the error message V-79-57344-33039  - Error mount failed. I hav...

joncina by Not applicable
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Errors opening Backup Exec 2010 R3 Console

When I try and open Backup Exec 2010 R3 I get the errors below and the console will not open. Please could anybody shed some light what may be causing this and how I go about getting the BE console to load again. It was working fine and then one day ...

DLN by Level 2
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels