Did you mean: 
Backup Exec
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

How to deploy Backup Exec via the AWS Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on AWS Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to AWS for your in-house virtual and physical environments and protects cloud-based workloads in AWS. Veritas Backup Exec helps...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619424553997.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619424554020.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619424554034.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619424554046.png

How to deploy Backup Exec via the Azure Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on Azure Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to Azure for your on-premises environments and protects cloud-based workloads in Azure. Veritas Backup Exec helps customers r...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619423636352.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619423636355.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619423636365.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619423636369.png

Useful links for Upgrading Backup Exec

At its most basic, the upgrade procedure for Backup Exec is simply running installation media for the most recent version on an existing Backup Exec server. Backup Exec 15, 16 and 20 can be upgraded to Backup Exec 21 with this method. Article 1000443...

step upgrades.jpg
rdmchugh by Level 1
Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 10 kudos

Resolved! Editing job selection

Hello, Backup exec 11d on Windows server 2003 We've had backup errors since before I started working my current job, so I'm attempting some cleanup. In the job log, I see a bunch of lines showing that it is attempting a backup of files from a non-e...

Backup and Convert XenServer VM for Hyper-V

I have BE 2014 and I want to backup and convert a XenServer VM (2008r2) so that we can then move it to another server with Hyper-V and shutdown our Xenserver permanetely. Is this possible? I am able to backup the VM just fine as BE2014 thinks this s...

3s1k by Level 4
Partner
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Backup to tape fails.

Brief History This past month BExec and my  2-3 year old Dell Powervault 124T Autoloader Tape device have been having issues. Perhaps coincidental, but it appears that the trigger to the woes was a catalog job on an old LTO tape. The error log said ...

BACKUP EXEC 2012

I HAVE A PROBLEM WITH TAPE DRIVE 01 WHAT IS NOT TAKING ANY TASK SO WELL AND HAS NOT BEEN RUNNING AND GIVE THE EXECUTION TO CLEAN HEAD AND ALSO DOES NOT MEAN THAT THE SYMBOL OF HAND AND DEPUTY ALERTS EMERGING IN THE LIBRARY.      

Elmer_Gomez by Level 5
Partner Certified
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! MIB Definitions For Backup Exec

Hi Team   I am using Backup Exec 2014. My Network team have planned to migrate our current vulnerability monitoring software to another. We need to create  MIB(Management Information Base) Definition for Backup Exec with our new software. What sha...

Job Log not in XML format

We are running Backup Exec 2014 SP2 with hotfix 227745. The platform is Windows server 2012 R2 (media server). For some backupjobs, which contain more than 10 servers, the job log is not in a correct XML format. A file with extension .xml is created...

Resolved! All jobs on one tape

Hi Community, I want to save all jobs to one tape (Backup exec 12.5). First job (full backup of a server) overwrites medium, the other jobs (some full, most incremental) are set to append or overwrite. There is enough space for all jobs on one tap...

Unable to activate Backup Exec 12 using ".slf" file

We have purchased symantec Backup Exec 12 for our projects. We have installed the product on our server with Windows 2008 R2 Standard SP1 OS. However at the activation page, we get an option to enter a key in alphanumeric combination only. There is n...

BHEL-EDN by Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! BE upgrade for server backup with Autoloader

I am going to upgrade BE2010 to BE15 on a mms server backup with autoloader. I am wondering if any difference with the server using disk level backup. Anything I need to backup before uninstalling BE2010 on MMS ? Uninstall and restarted MMS, will B...

Resolved! Windows Agent restart is not must

When I upgrading BE2010 Windows agent to BE15, found when I pushed the windows agent , sometimes the wizard will restart the agent. But if I logon the Windows agent and uninstall BE2010 agent manually , and reinstall BE15 agent, the wizard did not as...

Resolved! SDR settings

Hi, our customer's BE server is BE 2014 SP2 on Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 Std. Currently they are using SDR for full system recovery of clients. All their clients are Windows clients. Recently when I was helping them doing SDR recovery, I found somet...

liuyang by Level 6
Partner Accredited
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! BE15 Storage location

On our media servers, we cannot put Full and Diff backup into same volume due to insufficient space. Will there be any problem for BE15 to delete expired .bkf files according to the days in "keep for"  defined in backup job ? I found my full and dif...

SymQNA by Level 5
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Report generation for Unprotected Resources

I like the "View" or "Filter" in the Backup Restore tab which allows you to see "Servers never backed up" Is there a way I can automate the production of a scheduled report which generates which resources are unprotected or never backed up? In this...

Karl_Green by Level 2
Partner Accredited Certified
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Windows 2012 & GRT

All, we recently built a new Backup Exec 2014 environment that consists of 1 CAS(2008 vm) and 2 Media Servers( 2008 physical with local attatched dedup storage). All backup and restore jobs are managed/delegated from the CAS. When backing up a windo...

Resolved! BE 2014 - GRT Incremental Backup

So I have a weird issue with my backups. I am backing up using BE2014, backing up my file servers using AVVI. The Full is fine, however my incrementals were fine until last night - one particular folder within a volume is giving below error. Strange ...

Resolved! Backup Exec 2015 SQL job failed

Hi guys,  We have a issue wth Backup Exec 2015.Our SQL job is failed.i attached the log file.plz look that and give me the solution.

shaabin by Level 4
Partner
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

SDR Wizard fails with Access enied

Details:    Server 2008 R2 SE, SP1, Domain Controller,  BU Exec 2012 Version 14.0 Rev 1798 When we run the SDR Wizard we get the followimng error mesage We have checked premissions of the Folders, we are logged on as Administrator. Any recommendati...

Resolved! backup exec 2010 and tandberg T40 cartridge replacements

Hello i need help in doing cartridge replacements in a Tandberg T40 We have purchased a new set of cartridges and would like to replace all the old ones. Is there any particular step involved into BE i have to follow in order to correctly replace t...

atumra by Level 3
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels