Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cluster Server
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Implementing SQL Server Transparent Data Encyrption (TDE)

We are trying to Implement Transparent Data Encyrption (TDE) on Microsoft SQL Server 2012 Enterprise Edition (64-bit) (SP2) (11.0.5343.0) under Veritas Cluster Server 5.1 with three nodes, but have had problems.  The OS is Windows 2012 R2. Has anybo...

fmcfaul by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! VCS agent

Hello, In windows, there are many vcsagent runs. How do we map the agent name from the taskmgr list?

mokkan by Level 6
Certified
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Veritas Cluster license

I need to know the licensing method if i am planning to run 4 Node Window cluster  on Virtual machine. 1) Physical Machine having Dual CPU with 12 core ( Intel Xeon E5). 2) Virtual Machine having 16 vcpu each . So need to understand how many licen...

Resolved! Veritas Cluster license

I need to know the licensing method if i am planning to run 4 Node Window cluster  on Virtual machine. 1) Physical Machine having Dual CPU with 12 core ( Intel Xeon E5). 2) Virtual Machine having 16 vcpu each . So need to understand how many licen...

Veritas Cluster

Resolved! VCS: Add a node to cluster using command line

Hi! I can't seem to find to a manuel on how to add a new node to cluster using command line utilities. The situation is as follows: I need to reinstall the OS on one of the nodes. I have successfully removed the node from cluster (now it's running o...

Resolved! New fileshare ressource fail on the second node

Hello guys, I need your help about a new fileshare that I create on a cluster ressource. I created the new fileshare as the old ones already excist on the same ressource. When I try to do a failover to the second node, the old fileshares bring onl...

Jimb2k by Level 4
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Speed of Heartbeat Link

I try to find out in the document. But cannot find about the speed requirement of the VCS heartbeat link. Can I use only 10/100 Mbps switch for the connection.

pgm10s by Level 5
Partner Accredited Certified
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! vcsencrypt to use with esx hosts

Hi I am facing the following problem. I am using the java console to configure a vmware disk agent. Before I open the console I encrypt the password of my esxi hosts (e.g: test2000) with the following command: vcsencrypt -agent  This asks me the ...

achebib by Level 4
Partner
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! add node to VCS for SQL

Hello    Currently , I have 2 node cluser for SQL database. There are requirement to add new node to the existing cluster. If I install windows  , sql installation &  configuration as same as the exsing nodes. The finally step are just adding the...

pgm10s by Level 5
Partner Accredited Certified
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! Migration of VCS Cluster to new servers

Hello, I have a two nodes veritas cluster with SQL & file shares ressources. The goal is to migrate the data and ressources to a new servers. How can I create first a standalone node and trasport the data and configuration of the cluster. And rec...

Jimb2k by Level 4
  • 10 replies
  • 1 kudos

Slowness Issue while accessing File Shares on FS cluster

Hi Friends, Need your suggestions on the following issue: We have a veritas cluster configured on our File Servers with a Replication DR site. We patched up the Nodes : A lot of our users have been reporting about slowness in accessing these file ...

SukhoiMk30 by Level 2
Partner Accredited
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! vcsencrypt password for generic resource in VCS

Hi, I have query. I installed and configured SFHA for application server, this application server has 5 services, which is running with same user name and password under service manager. I have configured the Generic resource for each services, ho...

NBU_13 by Level 6
Accredited Certified
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Failover for VCS Global Cluster

Failover for VCS Global Cluster   Setup: Veritas Storage foundation HA for Windows v6.1 Single node Local cluster Single node Remote cluster Data replicated between clusters via VVR   A Global cluster will only failover to the remote cluster ...