Did you mean: 
Backup Exec
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

How to deploy Backup Exec via the AWS Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on AWS Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to AWS for your in-house virtual and physical environments and protects cloud-based workloads in AWS. Veritas Backup Exec helps...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619424553997.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619424554020.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619424554034.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619424554046.png

How to deploy Backup Exec via the Azure Marketplace

How to deploy Veritas Backup Exec on Azure Marketplace.Veritas Backup Exec provides simple, rapid, and secure offsite backup to Azure for your on-premises environments and protects cloud-based workloads in Azure. Veritas Backup Exec helps customers r...

LilavatiRaykar_0-1619423636352.png LilavatiRaykar_1-1619423636355.png LilavatiRaykar_2-1619423636365.png LilavatiRaykar_3-1619423636369.png

Useful links for Upgrading Backup Exec

At its most basic, the upgrade procedure for Backup Exec is simply running installation media for the most recent version on an existing Backup Exec server. Backup Exec 15, 16 and 20 can be upgraded to Backup Exec 21 with this method. Article 1000443...

step upgrades.jpg
rdmchugh by Level 1
Employee
  • 0 replies
  • 10 kudos

Strange modified date displayed

During a restore of a 2007 exchange BE2012 displayed strange "modified date" for the selections. For actual date of backup no modified is displaye, but goinb back it suddenly  shows up and very strange: 1974 didn't know that we had LTO6 tapes at that...

BE 2012 SP2 and Exchange 2010 SP3 on WIN 2012

Hello, We have a BIG Problem, and we need a Solution very urgent. This is our error (short form): V-79-57344-38761- Can not Backup, because GPT Partition found.   Our Infrastructur: -) Exchange 2010 SP3 on Windows Server 2012 (WITHOUT GPT, WE DO NOT ...

Zerakus by Level 4
Partner Accredited
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Append Date Not Applying

Hi All Small environment, single tape unit running a full backup of servers Fri and differential Sun-Thur.  Everything should fit on 1 tape (LTO 4 800/ 1600).  Have 5 tapes that we rotate.  Every Fri we put the weekly tape in and fast erase it. The o...

Resolved! Backup Exec numerous client

Hello, How many clients do you have per BE server ? I have 40 clients (VM) per BE server. Each VM is backed up thru its own job. Is it huge (I don't think so but let me know the community's opinion) ? "normal" ? Best regards,

ElGringo by Level 6
Partner Accredited
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos

0x2000040d - S_TF_NO_TAPE_PRESENT

Hello, All my backups are to the Deduplication Disk Storage. I am using Backup Exec 2012. The Storage server type is a DataDomain. I am getting two different errors on all my backups.  Error: 200040d - S_TF_NO_TAPE_PRESENT Error: 0xe00084f4 - An unkn...

Resolved! System State backup fails with error

Hi, I have a Windows Server 2008 R2 server with Backup Exec 2012, fully updated, getting an error when it backs up the local server's system state.  The error is: V-79-57344-65245 - A failure occurred accessing the object list. The item \\server.d...

BobR2 by Level 4
Partner Accredited
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Restoring oracle 9i to another server which has oracle 10g

Hello   We are using BE2012 and we are backing up oracle 9i on linux5.4. Just wanted to check if we can restore this data to another linux server which has newly installed oracle 10g on linux5.4.   If I get a technical article that will be helpful to...

Deduplication Storage Keeps Going Offline

Ok so my deduplication storage started kicking itself offline a couple days ago.  I rebooted the server and it came back on but then would go back offline after awhile.  After talking to phone support discovered that I should have 15% of free space o...

clovett by Level 4
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! New install of Backup Exec CASO

My company currently has around 90 seperate sites with their own 2010 BEX servers (sever 2008) runnning localy backing up data to disk. Recently it was decided to purchase BEX 21012 with the CASO option in order to better monitor and report issues wi...

whurd by Level 2
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Erase Schedule

Hi Everyone, Is there a way to erase an RDX Cartridge via a schedule, at the moment the backup is set to run an inventory of the cartridge at 1730 then the full backup at 1800. But for some reason the backup seems to fail even though I have removed ...

Resolved! Does backup exec 2012 support SuSE Linux 4 ?

Hi, Can anyone please let me know does backup exec 2012 support SuSE Linux 4 ? Also i have another exchange server and can the exchange logs be truncuated and what is the best practice to flush these logs? Regards, Mazhar

Resolved! Backup Exec 2012 Compatible

Hi All,   Does the Backup Exec 2012 Support the below eniroment? The Server 1 and Server 2 are clustered 1.       Memex Application Server  & Memex Process and Integration Server – Active ·         One Server Blade Type with 4 CPU's ·         Full ...

mdmasih_P1 by Level 4
Partner Accredited
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos

Error Backing up Microsoft Exchange 2010 with BE 2012

I am getting this error when trying to backup Microsfoft exchange 2010 with Backup Exe 2012 error: V-79-57344-65233 - snapshot Technology: Initialaztion failure on information store. Snapshot technology used: Microsfoft Volume Shadow Copy Service (VS...

lightseed by Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Restore messages in root of Exchange Mailbox

I am trying to restore some messages kept in the root of a shared (secondary) mailbox. This is at the very top level of the mailbox where the Inbox, Sent, Deleted Items, and other top level folders are listed. They currently have over 3,600 messages ...

Resolved! File and Folder Recovery using GRT

I may not fully understand the GRT capabilities.  I do a full backup of an ESX VM host box that has a few VM guest servers.  One is a file server running Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise.  The settings for the backup up job include checking enable G...

Resolved! Tape 0(zero) byte free

Boa tarde a todos,  Sou novo no mundo da symantec. Coloquei tapes novas no robot. O syamntec já as reconheceu e já as associei ao media set. Mas mesmo assim dá a mensagem de 0 bytes free. Quando forço a correr o backup para a tape dá a mensagem que n...

AC_GLPK by Level 2
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Backup Exec 2012 for Windows 2012

Hi,   I have read all the blogs about backup exec 2012 running on Server 2012.  I have the media server running on 2008 in my 2012 domain and it is backing up my 2012 servers just fine.  So not sure what the fuss is all about.  But I would like to ...

Drakey by Level 2
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Cancel a scheduled export

BE2012 SP2 & current HFs We have a scheduled Backup Job that includes an export to a Media Vault for the last backup of each month. Last month's last backup of the month did not complete because the media server had to be restarted for an emergency i...

JRV2 by Level 4
  • 7 replies
  • 2 kudos
Labels