Did you mean: 
NetBackup Appliance
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Resolved! Netbackup seeding and Server refresh and data migration

Hi Guys   Scenario We have a remote server without the best link backing up data across the WAN from two drives (E and F) to a centrally located Media server 1 in a policy configured to backup up all local drives to a MSDP1 pool on Media server 1 ...

yobole by Level 6
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Moving tape libraries to new media server

I just added in a new 5230 media server to replace an old 5200 and im having trouble figuring out how to migrate the two tape libraries over to it.  Does any one know of a way to change the ownership of the robots so that the 5230 has control?  Im no...

Resolved! Netbackup Load Balance

We have Two netbackup media server accross two site each running a dedupe pool .  we have One handing Internal VMware backup and the large one handing WAN backups . However I would like to keep One weeks work of backups replicated to the correspondi...

yobole by Level 6
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Netbackup Appliance Migration Tool

Ha anybody used this before and can shed some light . We have a WAN policy backup up remote server to media server one . We however just installed a second media server netabckup applinace and want to move Some of the client from the policy to the ne...

yobole by Level 6
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Netbackup 5230 appliance logical capacity

I'm thinking about getting a 5230 appliance with 40TB config to replace the traditional tapes.   Does anybody know the logical capacity of the appliance?  My weekly full backup size is about 15TB with online retention requirement of at least a month....

HankC by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

MSDP consuming space faster after upgrade to 2.6.0.3

Hi All, We have had two appliances with 2.5.0.3 and it was working well. Now to fix some issues like slow hydration and dehydration we were asked by Symantec to upgrade to 2.6.0.2 after which we had nighmares where almost all backups started failing...

Resolved! media server dedup pools?

Im trying to add in a new 5230 appliance as a media server to my 7.6.0.3 environment and im stuck at figuring out what type of storage pool to choose.  i already have a 5200 in place that i have been using for almost 5 years and it setup as puredisk ...

Resolved! Cleanup of image fragments - NBU5230

Hello, I was in the process of duplicating a large image from one NBU5230 to another, when the duplication job was interrupted before completion. The NBU versions are both 2.6.0.2. Is there a way to look for or cleanup incomplete images on an appli...

Resolved! Backup and restore dag Exchange in vmware environnement

Hy i have a problem with a backup and restore for a exchange 2010 dag with vmware i have a dga : dag1 2 nodes : exchange1 and exchange2 i have create a vmware policy with exchange application box checked. i have backup both server but when i wa...

fdassonville by Level 4
Partner Accredited
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Replication of GRT backup images

I have an NBU configuration at 7602 with 5220 appliances at 2602.  The environment consists of 2 NBU domains with AIR beimg used for replication. When backing up Exchange with GRT enabled and subsequently DUPLICATING these images to tape there is an...

SYMAJ by Level 6
Partner Accredited
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! windows server 2008 backup partially complete error

Netbackup 7.6.0.1:  Backing up the system state on several 2008 Domain Controllers. It partially completes every night, just gives me one error. Error 11/7/2014    12:00:11 AM    media.xxxx.com    dc.xxxx.com    Info    4599    Backup    started b...

NARAHARI by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Failed to create storage partitions for appliance

Hi All.   I'm trying to configure an Appliance 5220 and at the time the configuration of the storage is finished, the following message appears. There is already a Master Server running with Windows 2008 R2 and am trying to add this Ap...

SymBack by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Details on NBU appliances

Hi All,   Hopping over from the BE forums :) I've got a requirement to start looking at the NBU appliances for a client of ours, and wanted to know how good they are, as well as models, Gartner report (if you have please share), usability, learnin...

CraigV by Moderator
Partner    VIP    Accredited
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! MSDP pool size in 5330

Hi All, Any idea the different capacity versions the appliance is coming in and the max MSDP pool size in 5330. Regards,

Labels