Did you mean: 
Backup Exec 3600 Appliance
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Resolved! Backup Cluster Hyper-v Subnet

Hi, Forgive my English first, I have configured a Hyper-V cluster with two nodes and a storage cabin. When I make a backup of the cluster gives me a different subnet always bug, there is a specific procedure for backing up a cluster of hyper-v on ...

Jonbs by Level 4
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Backup exec vss provider

Hi,  Could someone tell me what is the function of "backup exec vss provider" ? How does it benefit the backup process ? It is set to manual in the services of my virtual machine (windows server 2008 R2) ? When I try starting it, it complains abou...

Resolved! Backup exec agent

Hi, I upgrade my appliance to 3600.R3 and it was upgraded successfully. I further installed via live update SP1 and hotfix-225092. Now when I upgraded the agent on virtual machine it was upgraded and it changed its colour to blue, but it still has t...

Conversion to Virtual

Hi all, i'm playing with 1 time conversion to virtual, i want add an extra job on few physical servers to convert the last backup to a vm and i want to see the time this job takes and few options. During the conversion Backup Exec 2014 asks for the...

Resolved! Symantec Appliance 3600. Backup VMs from vCenter.

Hello! When I back up virtual machine from VMWare vCenter, it doesn't appear in my backup and restore tab.  So, backup completes successfully, but I can't restore VM, because I don't see it in backup and restore tab. I can add this VM manually, bu...

msolovey by Level 3
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Agent on Debian VM (VCenter)

Hi, I am trying to take the backup of Vcenter which has many Debian VM machines.  I am wondering if someone is taking backup of Debian 6.0.10 Linux server.local.lan 2.6.32-5-amd64 #1 SMP Tue May 13 16:34:35 UTC 2014 x86_64 GNU/Linux via symantec ba...

Resolved! Error backup Hyper-V 2012

I have the following error message on two HyperV-V 2012 platforms have reinstalled twice agents and error, which could not be removed? Backup- VRTSRV::\\H----------\Hyper-V?HA?VM\SRDCHM02 Unable to attach to . V-79-57344-33899 - The res...

Jonbs by Level 4
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Backing up VM from Vcenter

Hi All, I am trying to backup virtual machine via Vcenter but getting the following errors. Could someone help me ? Backup- VMVCB::\\server.ABC.lan\VCGuestVm\(DC)ABC(DC)\vm\Support-work.ABC.lanV-79-57344-38277 - Unable to open a disk of the virtual...

Resolved! Symantec Appliance SUBNET

Hello,  I set up a second network to be backed up by a network other than the production network, but is failing.  I have a hyper-v cluster configured with two networks, but when I launch the backup for the backup network fails, it is strange becau...

Jonbs by Level 4
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Error Writer Hyper-V

Estoy utilizando Backup Exec 2012 Appliance 3600 y tengo el siguiente error, no doy con la solución. Backup- SRVIRTUALHM01V-79-57344-65233 - Snapshot Technology: Initialization failure on: "VRTSRV::\\HMADRIDVIRTUAL\Hyper-V?HA?VM\SRVDATAHM". Snapshot...

Jonbs by Level 4
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Backupexec 3600 and Vmware Workstation

Hello Everyone,   I've searched everywhere and can't find an answer to my questions about the BE3600. Does anybody know:   1) Will the appliance backup VMware Player, Workstation and MS Virtual PC 2007 VMs that sit on top of Windows 2003/2008 Servers...

marklar by Level 2
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Help with backing up VM's

Hello people who are reading this. Here is whats going on. I have 3 servers running vmware ESXi 5.1 and vCenter controlling them. I have a brand new Symantec 3600 Appliance. All the VM's are stored on a SAN connected by iSCSI. Now the old way I've be...

tech001 by Level 3
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Unable to convert full backup to vm

Dear All,    when I tried to perform full backup and then convert it into a VM i am stuck with this setting here ...    FULL PATH OF HYPER-V Integration Components ISO image : [BROWSE] what is that ? where can i locate it ?    please help :)    since...

Resolved! Backup Exec 2012 v Ray Edition

One Custmer useing 3  Vmware Host  and Gust os are windows  Guest os  :- 2 Sql 2008r2 servers ,2 oracle and 18 vm (guest os)   which agent required for this Senario      

support59 by Level 3
Partner Accredited
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Can 3600 Appliance create a virtual machine?

How does Symantec compare to Unitrends in regards to restores to virtual machines. By that I mean, in the event of a fallover, I have heard that Unitrends can automatically spin up a virtual machine whereas Backup Exec 3600 cannot do this. Unitrends ...

Backing up a Linux VM

Hello,   My company just installed a BUE 3600 appliance. We have began using it to backup our VM environment on one server, but we have another server that has a Linux OS running our wordpress blog. When we try to back it up we get this error.  The j...

Resolved! GRT restore with Hyper-V

How do I make GRT restores on Hyper-V VMs? I have all the GRT options ticked under Virtual Machinem, including "Use Backup Exec Granular Recovery Technology (GRT) to enable the restore of individual files and folders from virtual machines" This is on...