Did you mean: 
Backup Exec 3600 Appliance
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Resolved! 3600 Upgrade - Backups lost?

Hey, Sorry if this has been posted or is written somewhere but i need to know for sure. On the 3600 appliance, the upgrade from 2012 to 2014. Will you lose the backups stored on the appliance, and will you still be able to access the 2012 backups a...

tech001 by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Upgrade Backup Exec 3600 Appliance

Hello everyone,   I need an information how to upgrade Backup Exec Appliance. Right now my backup exec appliance is running well, all the job was function very good. I need to upgrade my appliance running backup exec 2014.   Many thanks for the i...

dicky_23 by Level 3
Partner Accredited Certified
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Appliance 3600 Upgrade to Backup Exec 2014

Hello, i been waiting on the appliance upgrade for a while now, we have to migrate all servers to windows server 2012 R2. But without upgrading the appliance first we wont be able to backup our production servers. I been reading on the forums that it...

Resolved! Backing up VM from Vcenter

Hi All, I am trying to backup virtual machine via Vcenter but getting the following errors. Could someone help me ? Backup- VMVCB::\\server.ABC.lan\VCGuestVm\(DC)ABC(DC)\vm\Support-work.ABC.lanV-79-57344-38277 - Unable to open a disk of the virtual...

Resolved! Help required to design backup solution using Backup Exec 3600 Appliance ( NDMP )

Hi All , We  are trying to design backup solution for one of our customer  . Please find the below  block diagram for backup solution.                                             We have some queries designing the backup solution.   Is it poss...

sanjay3 by Level 3
Partner
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! BE2014 for BE3600 Appliance?

Anyone from Symantec can give a timeline on the availability of BE2014 upgrade on the BE3600 appliance please? Thanks. (I hope it won't take too long.....)

Resolved! Rehydrate to tape feasible?

Is it feasible to rehydrate to tape with Backup Exec Appliance? It sounds like the overhead of rehydrating data causes the push to tape unusable. I must be missing something, why would I want a backup that can't archive off to tape? What is a goo...

Resolved! Hello, I have a questionI

Hello, I have a question I have a Oracle Tape Library SL150, my questios is, what I need?? Why I can see the tapes in Storage, Ihad connected by SAS Conector.  

Resolved! Importing Backup

Hi community   I have one appliance 3600 and my old server with Backup Exec 12 , i need transfer some backups from my server to the Appliance, how i can to do that .   Thanks  a lot.

hhoyos by Level 3
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Appliance 3600 replication

I've bough two appliance 3600 in the last days,  acutally i backup my production environement in the appliance_1 , i need to copy the jobs to the appliance_2, how i can to do that??? i've read that i need to install Central Admin Server but i'm not s...

hhoyos by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Backup Exec Appliance 3600: Update is not working

Hey everyone, the Update functionality on our Applicance 3600 is not working. I guess it's blocked by our Firewall... Anyone knows which Server/s and Ports the Appliance needs for the update so I can open them on our Firewall? Thank you very much, Fl...

flowww by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Backup Exec 3600 Appliance NIC5 RMM port

Hi there, I have a doubt about if should I connect the NIC5 RMM port of my BE3600 appliance to network? I've seen that there are some guides that explain is exclusively of Symantec technical support use, but is for remote access or onsite support? If...

nesmac by Level 3
Partner Accredited
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Backup Exec 3600 unit

Hi Can someone point my to the correct ISO download that I need to create a USB stick for reinstall of this appliance please. Symantec Backup Exec Rack unit 3600 Jul 11    

bigjohnuk by Not applicable
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! How to configure BE3600 over multiple sites

Our company is looking to puchase 2 BE3600's. Beside HQ, we have 7 remote sites. HQ has 6 servers with a total of 3.5 TB of data, and each remote site has 1 files server, each with approx 500 gb of data. We were going to put one of the BE3600 at HQ, ...