Did you mean: 
NetBackup
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Subscribe to NBU notifications

In case you are not aware - you can subscribe to NBU notifications over here: https://sort.veritas.com/spec_doc Hopefully NBU 9 will be added to the list soon.

Marianne by Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
  • 1 replies
  • 17 kudos

Netbackup Client 6.5 for Montavista Linux 2.4 Career Grade 3.1

Hi, we have a montavista linux 2.4 career grade 3.2 System .we have installed the Netbackup client for that but its not working & we are facing Status code 57 .   Status Code: 57 ftp://exftpp.symantec.com/pub/support/products/NetBackup_Enterprise_Ser...

Management Pack 3 (6.5.3) remote push installs

I can't find the remote push install within the upadate 3 install files. I wanted to push the mp3 to my 6.5 installs but the source file seems to be missing the component. It only has the option of install to local machine. Anyone have ideas how to p...

Mapping of terms / concepts with EMC Networker software

Hi Friends for past 3 years, i'm in fully involved with EMC networker software on Unix for all enterprise backups.  Now, I'm moving my career to NetBackup 6.5 for solaris.  Could you please let me know on the what are the terms / concepts in NB mappe...

vijaysys by Not applicable
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

NBU Client to Redhat 2.6.9-42 64 bit server

Hi Guys, We have upgraded our Linux Redhat servers to kernel 2.6.9 64 bit, after that I could no longer install my NBU client in it. The error is stating "not supported" since my NBU installer is only for RedHat2.4. How can I install an NBU client to...

Recover one cluster node Netbackup 6.5.2A with MSCS

Hi: I have a production Netbackup 6.5.2A for Windows in a MSCS cluster. We had a catastrophic Hw failure in one node, so I am planning to do this 1) Delete PBX-Exchange in the cluster for the failed node 2) Evict failed node from cluster 3) Reinstall...

Pappo by Level 3
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Virtual Tape Library

I have installed one VTL, creating one robot and two drives, DLT3 type. I have configured a policy with this STU, but it doesn´t work, it remains mounting the cartridge and doesn´t finish nor write data. I have Netbackup Enterprise 6.5.3 Can anyone h...

Resolved! Installing Netbackup 6.5 client on a MS clustered server

Hi Guys,   Sorry if this has been posted before but I can't quite work out installing the NetBackup client on a MS clustered server. I know that you have to install it as a normal client on both nodes but when you do the install what do you put the a...

Link /usr to /opt

Hello Is the link needed between /usr and /opt for a netbackup server running Linux? If so then why? Can I just install netbackup direct to /usr?   Thanks Fredrik

Labels