Did you mean: 
NetBackup
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Subscribe to NBU notifications

In case you are not aware - you can subscribe to NBU notifications over here: https://sort.veritas.com/spec_doc Hopefully NBU 9 will be added to the list soon.

Marianne by Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
  • 1 replies
  • 17 kudos

Resolved! how i configure a AIR in my env. for DR

hi, can some one share the steps by step configuration how i used the AIR in my setup. or general doc rather then admin guide volume1

mnakhan by Level 5
Partner Accredited Certified
  • 9 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Client Backup over SAN with SAN Client/FT Media Server

Hi everone I want to backup physical server and VMware ESX on the SAN.My master server OS is Windows 2008 R2.I want to install a media server for FT Media Server.How does should configuratin for this media server ? (Hardware/Operating System/HBA etc....

Ser_Hat by Level 2
Partner Accredited
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Backup and restoration of volume

I am using Symantec Netbackup 7.1.0.4 Need to configure backup policy to take filer volume backup (NDMP) Also need to know if i take NDMP backup of filer volume, then procedure to restore the same. Filer is already configured for backup and able to t...

HDFC by Level 1
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! NetBackup SSO - issues writing to tape library across the domain

I am having some issues in writing to a shared (SSO) library from across the AD domain. We have capacity based licensing model using NetBackup version 7.1.0.4 There are 2 x AD domains A.local & B.com: There is a firewall between the two AD domains. H...

Itegral by Level 6
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Netbackup using SAN / Filer snapshot to backup VMWare VM

Hello, I'm trying to find a way to use my Filer (NetApp) snapshots to do VMWare VM backup instead of VMWare snaps. The idea is to use netbackup default features (like VRay) to do a regular granular VM backup, but instead of using VMWare default Copy-...

Resolved! NetBackup 7.5 and ACSLS 8.2 on Solaris 10 8/11

I have a server with Solaris 10 8/11 connected to a Fibre Channel SAN. In that SAN I have a tape library StorageTek SL48. I installed Netbackup but i can't configure the tape from de NetBaqckup. Anybody knows how I can configure Netbackup to manage...

Resolved! How to use maximum slots of SL500 StorageTek tape library?

Hi, I have SL500 tape library at our site. We have 100 tapes in the library slots.There are many more free slots in it, but i am not able to use these free slots when i do inventory. Can any say what is the reason for this. How to add tapes to this f...

Tape reservations

What is the best working setting for tape reservations in netbackup and netapp for NDMP backups in NBU 6.5.6 when using multiple backup hosts?   Available options are: In NBU 6.5.6 - SPC-2 SCSI reserve - SCSI Persistent reserve   In Netapp - options ...

tgw0815 by Level 3
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! NetBackup 7.1 Media (Device) Manager Won't stay started

We recently switched to capacity-based licensing and now our Windows media servers won't start as media servers.  The first symptom of this was that we were having trouble with one of our media servers, so we decommissioned it and re-installed it (...

AlanTLR by Level 5
  • 8 replies
  • 3 kudos

Resolved! what is the best way to add drives to SSO pool

Friends,   I have solaris media servers  on NB 7.1 sharing LTO drives, what is the best way to add more drives to the same exisiting SSO pool of drives. these new drives are visible to OS and are ready to be added to SSO.   Any help will highly appre...

karlad by Level 2
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Media Server - LTO5 IN Solaris 11 (LDOMS) Issues

I have a problem with the configuration with two Media Servers. SO : Solaris 11 (LDOM) Tape Drive : LTO5 IBM The devices are properly configured and presented to two Media Servers root@plpsvm19 # sgscan tape # #WARNING: detected StorEdge Network...

Nuno_Grave by Level 4
Partner Accredited
  • 22 replies
  • 1 kudos

Backup to Disk and to Tape

I have any enviroment with both Physical and Virtual (VMware) servers I want to backup to both disk and tape. I have no fiber in the enviroment so I don't see FT w/SAN client being an option So I think that leaves me with a SAN media server.  But sin...

Kahlan by Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos

Moving Robot Control

Running Netbackup 7.0.1 currently, and need to decommission a media server. Drives are no big deal, but this media server has a SAN-attached VTL robot control assigned to it. How much of a nightmare is it to swing this to a different media server? My...

VMWare Backup Architecture

I'm trying to deploy the VMWare for NetBackup agent, and I'm running into some problems. Before I drill too deep into the troubleshooting, I wanted to post my architecture and make sure that I have the fundamentals correct.   NBU 7.1 Master Server - ...

partage tape librairie entre netbackup 6.5.4 et netbackup 7

Bonjour à tous! Je fais quelques recherches sur les possibilités de partage d'une librairie storage tek entre un netbackup 6.5.4 (installé sur Redhat) master/media server et un netbackup 7.1.0.2 (installé sur un W2K8 R2 enterprise) master/media. Je n...

SSO on HP-UX

Dear all,   i have a netbackup master server on RedHat, and using SSO. installing media server and configuring on Solaris servers are ok. everything is backuping. i've installed on HP-UX, everything seems ok but when i'm trying to start backup, it wa...

toichubek by Level 3
Partner Accredited
  • 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

Best practice Netbackup 7.1 and PDDO 6.6.1.2

We face all kinds of issues with integrating Netbackup with PDDO Has anybody experience integrating NBU + PDDO Cluster of 75 TB (200 TB Front end) I wish to share the experience

effiko by Level 4
Partner Certified
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

SSO - EMM interface initialisation failed, status = 334

I have NetBackup 7.1 on Windows 2008 and having an issue with my SAN media servers (SSO) i.e. facing “EMM interface initialisation failed, status = 334” error.  Scenario is as follows;  The master is a media server as well (Windows 2008) has 2 NICs w...

Itegral by Level 6
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

NetBackup - error 13 and error 96

Hello, I'm a beginner with Nebackup and i'm in charge of an existing infrastructure. My backup server is on Windows Server 2008 with NetBackup 7.0.1.0 (i'm using SAN and an emulated HP Ultrium 4 Tape). This backup is used to save a lot of VM running ...

Samy91 by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels