Did you mean: 
NetBackup
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Subscribe to NBU notifications

In case you are not aware - you can subscribe to NBU notifications over here: https://sort.veritas.com/spec_doc Hopefully NBU 9 will be added to the list soon.

Marianne by Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
  • 1 replies
  • 17 kudos

Prevent backups to start every month

Hi,   I'm using Netbackup 6.5 on 300+ servers. Everything works fine. But I have a little problem :   I'm doing a full backup every Month (1st), a full backup every week end (with a lower retention period) and a diff backup every evening.   Most of ...

Resolved! copy images from tape to tape

Hi all, I have to copy images from a old tape to a new tape with bpduplicate I have tried with "bpduplicate -id <media ID> -dp <destination pool>" Netbackup start and exit the job with EX 144 -> invalid command usage. What is the appropriate bpduplic...

paho by Level 2
Partner
  • 17 replies
  • 1 kudos

Netbackup DLO

I am going on on-site to review a Clients DLO implementation; I will need to perform a Mini-health check with a specific focus: 1. Evaluate their storage capacity for DLO; Make Recommendations 2. Evaluate their load balancing for DLO; Make Recommen...

zenworksb by Level 4
Partner Accredited
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

DLO issue

Hello I am having a problem with DLO for one of my customer. When I was going to open the DLO console from start>all programs, it was showing "Symantec Netbackup" there but when I open the console there it was showing "Symantec backup exec 10d". My q...

Satvir by Level 3
Partner
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

NetBackup Tape Overwritten

Hi, Maybe I’m asking a known question but I tried to read over and couldn’t find exactly what I need. I’m using VERITAS Net Backup 4.5 for UNIX but I do have a GUI interface either. I missed the backup yearly policy on last year due to an error in th...

NetBackup 6.5.3.1 - Not retrying

I recently upgraded from NBU5.1 to 6.5.  I currently have "Scheduled backup attempts" set to 2 in 12 hours.  I use a wrapper script to launch bpbackup -i -w 0 and trap the errors from there.  In 5.1, a job would requeue with an error, return the erro...

Labels