Did you mean: 
NetBackup
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Subscribe to NBU notifications

In case you are not aware - you can subscribe to NBU notifications over here: https://sort.veritas.com/spec_doc Hopefully NBU 9 will be added to the list soon.

Marianne by Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
  • 1 replies
  • 17 kudos

Flashbackup-Windows Error 11

Hi, I'm trying to create a flashbackup-windows policy. The content selection is D:\ However I always get the same error whenever I run the above policy. ERR - Invalid System name D:\   System call failure(11)   Wonder what can gone wrong

Puffy by Level 6
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Disabling a storage unit in a storage group

Hi All,   I need to do a restart on the netbackup service on one of our media servers to put a config change in place.  Is there a way to disable that particular storage unit (the media server) in a storage unit group temporarily so that I can let jo...

dhj by Not applicable
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Check Policies in NetBackup

What is the way to check in which server(master/media) holds the policies through command line. In Gui we can see manually by opening the console in Win,what abt the Unix and Sun os

zaadss by Level 3
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

bpbkar32 holds exe from executing

hi, i am trying to use bpstart_notify batch file to launch, say, regedit or notepad program, before a backup starts - note this I am doing a test and found backup doesn't start and fails with "client timed out waiting for bpstart_notify to complete(7...

Programatically interact with vmchange

Hi! Using Netbackup 6.5.1, I developed a GUI to import and export tapes from a scalar i500 robotic.   The matter is vmchange needs a user interaction to know when the user have removed tapes from the mailslot. Otherwise, the tape is ingested again. I...

krimo by Level 3
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Programatically interact with vmchange

Hi! Using Netbackup 6.5.1, I developed a GUI to import and export tapes from a scalar i500 robotic.   The matter is vmchange needs a user interaction to know when the user have removed tapes from the mailslot. Otherwise, the tape is ingested again. I...

krimo by Level 3
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! NetBackup Support Life Cycle

Where can I find a NetBackup support life cycle matrix?  You would think it is easy to locate one, but I can't find it anywhere.  I'm trying to find out how long my version of NBU (6.5.1) is supported for, and if there are any limitations to support,...

Need help on tuning unsupported netbackup versions?

Don't let the name on this technote fool you. Most of the principles in the document are applicable to older Netbackup 5.x,4.x and 3.x versions Veritas NetBackup (tm) Enterprise Server / Server 6.0 Backup Planning and Performance Tuning Guide for U...

Stumpr2 by Level 6
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Mark this one!

Here is a vaulable, helpful link for NetBackup users. Save this one as it is something you will want to go back to time after time. It lists the new problems being encountered, technotes to fix thos problems, new documentation, configuration, tips an...

Stumpr2 by Level 6
  • 1 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! Backups run with < 100kb/sec throughput

Greetings, I'm a new administrator for our Netbackup solution - we are running v. 6.0MP7 on a 64bit Win2003 box backing up windows clients to a Quantum LTO3 tape drive.  A few days ago, the backups were running with a throughput of 1500k and 8000k as...

Cray by Level 2
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Services and Retries

I have 2 Questions here 1. How to check whether the NBU services are running on a client from the master or the media server remotely either in windows or a Unix Client. is there a command to check it,   2. How to change job retry for a client. Is th...

Prab by Level 3
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Tape drive naming - netbackup and solaris

I have a strange issue with tape drives, Netbackup 6.5.3.1 and Solaris 9 Media Server.  I noticed in /var/adm/messages that the names for the tape drives are the same as in netbackup but specify an incorrect device number.  The devices (names and /de...

Resolved! NetBackup v6.5 restore

Is it possible to restore from a tape that is outside the retention schedule. I know in ArcServe I could browse the tape, but with netbackup it seems you have to browse the client jobs to do the restore. So if the tape is outside the retention schedu...

HutchMD by Level 3
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

could not set linger vaule

Hi All, I have created new SAP backup recently, online and redo logs backup , it is not generating any child stream and in activity monitor  Detailed status it is giving me following error Could not set linger value on socket. Errno = 22: Invalid arg...

Policy start frequency with different retension

I've got 6 policies with 2 schedules each with different retension (27 days and 51 weeks) and frequency (1 week and 4 weeks).What is the easiest method / command to set all policies to the same Start frequency and retension. Now it happens that, beca...

aBaron by Not applicable
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

New Install of NetBackup 6.5 on Windows Cluster

Hi I am finding some of the install guides confusing, hopefully you can help. Can I install NetBackup 6.5 on an active/passive Windows Cluster configured as a Master/EMM/Media server. Thanks in advance Andy

ahouse by Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

status code 54 Netbackup 5.0GA

Hi, I'm not able to telnet the bpcd port for one of the client. In this server OS (Solaris 10) hardening is enabled. Can anyone suggest, how to open netbackup port in Solaris 10(Hardning is enabled)

Nanobkup by Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels