Did you mean: 
NetBackup
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Subscribe to NBU notifications

In case you are not aware - you can subscribe to NBU notifications over here: https://sort.veritas.com/spec_doc Hopefully NBU 9 will be added to the list soon.

Marianne by Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
  • 1 replies
  • 17 kudos

mass client creations

I'm looking at moving about 10,000 active clients from Legato to Netbackup 6.5.3 and wanting to know if there is anyway to script the client creation process? Also, some advice.... with say 5000 - 6000 clients per data center, is it best practice to...

Are your questions being answered?

Hello, I want to encourage everyone that posts a question to please mark one of the replies that best fits your solution. This helps others that may be looking for a solution for problems similiar to yours to hopefully find the solution easier. Every...

Stumpr2 by Level 6
  • 1 replies
  • 7 kudos

Resolved! Split NetBackup Master and Media Server

Hi Guys, I would like to know if there is a way to split your master/media server once they are built and running in production. Our enviroment is growing I would like the Master server to be on a seperate server/VM. We currently have a master/med...

Resolved! Decommission media server / move robot

I'm going to be removing my first media server that was added to NetBackup. This is the server where the media library robot was initially configured and is controlled from. I'm going to be adding 2 new media servers and want to move the robot contro...

invalid drive number

hello Forum, what are the possible causes for the following and the solution: -bash-3.2$ sudo vmoprcmd -h sk9001-be -up 2 Invalid Drive Number Please help me rectify the problem.

rrosario by Level 4
Certified
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos

Split NetBackup Master/Media Server?

Hi Guys, I would like to know if there is a way to split your master/media server once they are built and running in production. Our enviroment is growing I would like the Master server to be on a seperate server/VM. We currently have a master/me...

Netbackup 6.5.3 and Exchange 2007

We currently have an issue backing up our new Exchange 2007 environment. Site1 Netbackup 6.5.3 Master/Media server on Windows 2000 SP4 Exchange 2007 SP1 Site 1 Active Node in CCR Cluster running on Windows 2008 Exchange 2007 SP2 Site 2 Passive Nod...

Implement Netbackup 6.5 using vnetd over public & private LANs

I'm trying to implement Veritas Netbackup 6.5 with one master server, 3 media server and a dozen of clients. On the production LAN, I want to install the master server, a media server and a few clients. In the DMZ, I want to install another media se...

RLe by Not applicable
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

VCB for large vm's? Too slow

Hello, We just virtualized have our server farm and some of the vm's are quite huge. Has anyone used nb 6.5.3 for vcb? How does it handle larger vm's? Thanks,

Small File Backup with Sun Cluster Installed

I have being configuring a backup for two montpoints, which are in a Sun Cluster node. The mount points have the following sizes and number of files. Mountpoint         Size           Files (million) =========        ====         =========== 1       ...

Resolved! Volume Pool change

Hi - What Netbackup command can I use to modify a media's Volume Pool. The tape expired in the library and had the write-protect set. So, no images were able to be written. However, there was a backup job that wanted to use that tape (not realizing...

Jay_Son by Level 5
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Can different Media servers use same media to backup

We are facing some media outage where we can see that there is some free space in inserted tapes. Explanation: Can any one give us guidance whether can we use media alloted to 1 media server by another media server. We have 4 drives Ultrium 3 tap...

Resolved! One all inclusive backup policy

Does anyone have any experience or ideas on creating one backup policy to hold all jobs and all clients?  It seems to me from an admin perspective it would be much easier to handle and manage. Thanks

bmcelroy by Not applicable
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

RMAN restore expertise

Hi i am looking to increase restore times for RMAN backups from Tape and don't mind increasing backup times. I have done some testing by playing around with different Mulitiplex settings on netbackup side but restore time doesn't change. RMAN is con...

Cluster Failover

hi All, There was a cluster failover that happened yesterday in my enironment. Below are the logs that i have come up with from the /var/adm/messages. Apr 29 23:22:32 wiggum AgentFramework[12382]: [ID 702911 daemon.notice] VCS ERROR V-16-1-13067 T...

Prab by Level 3
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Netbackup LiveUpdate 6.5.3

Hi - I have read several pages of the PDF on LiveUpdate. I'd like to know if its worth installing/paying for (extra hardware, software, etc.)? I want to be able to install 6.5.3.1 patches soon. (Most of my clients are still on 5.1 MP7 but my master a...

Jay_Son by Level 5
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels