Did you mean: 
NetBackup
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Subscribe to NBU notifications

In case you are not aware - you can subscribe to NBU notifications over here: https://sort.veritas.com/spec_doc Hopefully NBU 9 will be added to the list soon.

Marianne by Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
  • 1 replies
  • 17 kudos

Drives going down.

Hello All, We have serval drives that continue to go into DOWN-TLD. Also, several show as not being write enabled or ready. This does not seem limited to one partiuclar media server or robot.  Im not certain what the cause of this is but it seems t...

Recover of Catalog to a different server/Netbackup instance

Software: Netbackup 6.0MP4 Server: Linux OS Hello everyone, I currently have Netbackup performing nightly backups on an Oracle 10g instance. In trying to make my disaster recover more robust (read: incase my server room burns down) I have set up a...

croftwm by Level 3
  • 13 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! NetBackup 60 D2D testing

Folks, Have NetBackup 60 installed in a test invironment (non-networked) on a stand-alone pc running RHLinux with no physical scsi tape units(libraries) connected.  Would like to do some D2D testing with backup's and restore's.  Question? In the ...

dbeck by Level 5
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Launching NetBackup Console Logins - jnbSA - jbpSA

Folks, Not sure if I overlooked or missed entering something.   Getting the Authenication splash-screen failure when trying to login to each console. Unabe to login, status: 525 Can not connect to the NB-Java authentication service via VNETD on n...

dbeck by Level 5
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Launching NetBackup 60 consoles

Folks, When launching either nbpSA or jnbSA I'm getting this error: Error: failed /usr/openv/java/jre/lib/i386/client/libjvm.so, because libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory When doing  a Add/Remove s...

dbeck by Level 5
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Continued NetBackup 6.0 installation

All, Further down with the install, I'm getting this now... Starting the NetBackup database manager process (bpdbm). The NetBackup daemon process (dpdbm) was not started. Check the services configuration -- files, YP, NIS, or NIS+ Enter <RETURN> ...

dbeck by Level 5
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Veritas NetBackup 6.0 Core software install

All, During the Netbackup Core software install I'm receiving the following error. Copying orginal /etc/services file to /etc/services.NBU052709.13:15:01 ERROR! The following lines in /etc/services may contain port numbers used by NetBackup. nbdb   ...

dbeck by Level 5
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudos

Status code 83

All, Re: Version of netbackup Enterprise 6.5.3.1 Client version 6.5.3.1 The issue is that when the backup starts on client, after some times it ends with status code 83 and when rerun is working fine. Detail of backup failed: 05/18/2009 09:47:...

NetBackup 6.0 installation on RedHat Linux

Folks, After installing Netbackup 6.0 on VM for initial testing and launching the Netbackup Administrator's Console (usr/openv/netbackup/bin/jnbSA ) and logging in as root, in the left pane I only see (loaclhost.localdomain) Client) and not (localho...

dbeck by Level 5
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

6.0mp4 clear suspended job

We had to suspend 2 jobs the other day. We then ran the 2 jobs manually. When I check the Log Enteries I see that it is still attempting to run the 2 jobs. Severity= Error Job ID = 0 Type = General Description= [3] Backup of client..........and so o...

problems setting up a linux master server

did some testing last week for moving our current NB from a Sparc/Solaris server to a x85_x64/Red Hat server installed RHEL 5.3 hardware is a DL380 G5 with the SC44 something SAS HBA and a HP MSL 8096 LTO-4 tape library RH found the tape drives and...

Resolved! cp_to_client for upgrading clients

Hi everyone   I found the below white paper which says it's possible to install version 5.0 or 5.1 clients by running the cp_to_client script as an alternative method to pushing out clients. I tried this with version 6.0 client binaries as a way to u...

KeirL by Level 6
Partner
  • 5 replies
  • 2 kudos

Netbackup for linux client size

Hi everybody, we are trying to automate the installation of netbackup 6.5.3.1 repackaging it using rpm (it will be installed in some Red Hat Linux server). We need "only" the backup and restore client functionalities, but if I see correctly, the si...

elpinco by Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Adding a linux media server

Netbackup 6.5.3 Windows 2003 Master I'm attempting to add a rhel 5.3 media server but I'm running into an issue with licensing. See below... #/home/***/NB_65_LinuxR_x86_20070723/install A NetBackup Server or Enterprise Server license key is nee...

Resolved! Java Console Device Monitor Hangs

I am running NetBackup 6.5.3.1 on a RHEL 5 server. The Master, Media, and client are all on (and for) that one server. I run the jnbSA Java Console (also 6.5.3.1) either on the same machine in a Gnome XWindow desktop or on a Win XP PC (Windows versio...

RHEL 5 32-bit media server

I'm new to this forum so please forgive me if I don't provide enough information. We are currently running NB 6.5.3 using a Windows master server and 3 windows media servers. Can we use a 32-bit RHEL 5.2 server as a media server?  If so, do you sim...

Resolved! Daily backups to only one tape at a time

Hello,   Let me first tell you the intended goal of what we hope to obtain.  We would like all of our daily jobs to write to one drive.  With this, we hope to minimalize tape usage.  As it stands, we use 18 tapes per week for daily jobs (which are se...

Labels