Did you mean: 
NetBackup
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Subscribe to NBU notifications

In case you are not aware - you can subscribe to NBU notifications over here: https://sort.veritas.com/spec_doc Hopefully NBU 9 will be added to the list soon.

Marianne by Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
  • 1 replies
  • 17 kudos

Netbackup 7.0.1 bmrd very high cpu load

I use Netbackup 7.0.1 to backup about 180 clients. But the cpu load is very high even i don't backup anything.The problem process is bmrd. top - 10:34:05 up 25 days, 16:12,  5 users,  load average: 7.91, 9.44, 11.90 Tasks: 244 total,   8 running, 2...

Resolved! Changing netbackup storage hardware

Hi all, I’m using Netbackup 6.5 with solaris10 and I’m planning of change server storage hardware. Indeed the /var/openv/Netbackup directory located in the old storage and I need to move catalog, all policies, and master and media information to the ...

NTFS ACL Restore without restoring content

Hi,   We are using netbackup 7.1 and we are taking backup of  windows 2008 Server OS. Accidently permission has been removed and when we tried to restore acl using bprestore we receive error code 227 no entry found.

How to test a BMR?

We would like to do periodic testing of our BMR backups.  I can perform a BMR just fine but the problem is that the restore comes up and becomes a duplicate machine on the network since the original is still online. How can I do a BMR "offline" so I ...

195 by Level 3
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Restoring NetBackup 6.5.6 Master server

First of all, I know this is probably a duplicate forum entry but I've spent hours searching and couldn't quite find the exact solution.  So - I apologize in advance! Yesterday, system files on my Windows Server 2008 installation of my NB 6.5.6 Maste...

Raw device backup

Hi All, Need help with how to take a raw device backup of a mount point or DB(ASM) and how would I restore. what path I need to mention and what kind of policy I need to create. I am using NB 6.5 and have mostly solaris servers to backups. Will I als...

Resolved! VM backup - restore query

Hi I am backing up a VM using the most basic method(ver 6.5.4), which is directly installing netbackup in the VM and backing up using MS-windows NT policy. now backups are working and catalog is showing fine, but I am facing problem with the restore....

Catalog backup to DataDomain DeDup Units only?!?

Hi, I am setting up a new Netbackup 7.1.0.1 environment for our company on Windows 2008 R2 Servers x64. Like many other companies, we are moving away from tape more and more... In our old environment we are currently using EMC/DataDomain Deduplicatio...

SharePoint 2007 GRT

Hi, We currently have a situation that GRT full backups appear successful, although when trying to restore the content database appears empty. This was working fine until I had to do a deletecontentdb, detach and reattach the database in sql and then...

Resolved! Exhchange 2010

We have 2 exchange 2010 servers. CAS and Mailbox server.   We can successfully backup the Mailstores and mailboxes and emials using GRT.   I have not been successful in restoring an email. Has anyone restored an email.   Looking through the support s...

Problem restoring Master DB on NetBackup 6.5.4

Yesterday I had some issues on restoring DATABASE. I managed to fix the problem by adding another MEDIA SERVER to the Client Properties in the MASTER SERVER and used a GLOBAL ADMIN ACCOUNT. Now I am trying to restore a MASTER DB from the same server ...

Problem on restoring MS SQL DB using NetBackup 6.5.4

We are having these problem on restoring DB. Windows 2003 R2, NetBackup 6.5.4 both Master and Client, SQL 2002 Here are the logs from DBCLIENT: Batch = C:\Program Files\Veritas\NetBackup\dbext\mssql\temp\__09_49_22_389_00.bch, Op# = 1. 09:49:24.545 [...

RoryBrin by Level 3
  • 15 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Share folder Restore

Hello Everyone!!! I am using Netbackup 7 in my environment. All my servers and applications are being backed up sucessfuly but while i am trying to restore a folder which bas Backed in Sahre and Permission status, the folder is getting restored but t...

Ajit_Jha by Level 6
Partner Accredited
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Exchange 2010 restore - status 5

Master/media: 7.01, Windows 2003 Enterprise SP2 Client: 7.01, Exchange 2010, Windows 2008 Enterprise Hello, I'm trying to recover a DAG to an RDP with no success - the restore job fails immediatly with a status 5 error. Any ideas?  Thanks

dunno by Level 4
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Unexpire Media Netbackup

Good morning,   I'm trying to restore data from one server to another server using a different master server than what the backup was created on.  Here's my problem.   My backups are multiplexed so I Phase 1 imported tapes 1 and 2 and NOT 3 and 4.  T...

mrtba by Level 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Catalog recovery from OST (datadomain) does not work. NetBackup 6.5.5

Hi, I have situation that Netbackup master server 6.5.5 on Solaris 10 has broken down. There was hardware failure which broke disks where netbackup was installed and also config files. Image database and logs has been earlier relocated from orginal l...

henkka72 by Level 3
Partner Accredited
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudos
Labels