Did you mean: 
NetBackup
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Subscribe to NBU notifications

In case you are not aware - you can subscribe to NBU notifications over here: https://sort.veritas.com/spec_doc Hopefully NBU 9 will be added to the list soon.

Marianne by Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
  • 1 replies
  • 17 kudos

Resolved! Fragmentation issue after upgrade

We recently upgraded, first from 5.x to 6.x, then from 6.x to 6.5.5. Now our vault policy is producing errors (191, 1 and 306) and skipping images, when you look at the error it seems it is a fragmentation issue: 03/16/2010 19:01:42 - Critical bptm...

Multiple Picking Lists for Same Vault

I'm experiencing an issue where I am receiving multiple picking lists for the same vault job.  I could receive 2 to 30 picking lists, all for the same vault job, all with the same media.  The only thing different is the session id and start and end t...

Moeman by Level 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! NetBackup not looking at the right server

Has anyone ever seen this? We have a number of clusters of 2 servers each, active and passive. When we get a request to back one up, we load the client on both servers and create the policy to backup the with the cluster name, that way it will always...

Resolved! Clustering problems after placing 6.5.5 service pack

Hi, We have a 3 node Netbackup Cluster that was recently patched from 6.5.4 -> 6.5.5 Unfortunately, after the patching, we notice the following problem: Whenever we boot one of the INACTIVE nodes, it comes back up and tries to start ALL Netbackup ...

Resolved! Netbackup Vault Process Taking Too Long to Finish

6.5.4 media, master and clients. Windows Server 2003 master and media, W3K, W8K clients... It is taking over a week for my vault process to finish.  Can someone point me in the correct direction on learning more about the Vault process?  I am runnin...

Denda by Level 5
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

NBU 7 Enterprise....Oracle Database templates greyed out

We upgraded from NBU 6.5 to 7 without any issues except one.   When we go the client server and run jnbSA or jbpSA to create a new oracle database template to be used in a backup schedule it is greyed out and will not expand showing the database inst...

Need Help with Netbackup 6.5.5 LiveUpdate

After successfully updating our Media servers I am attempting to update our clients via LiveUpdate. I downloaded all the needed LiveUpdate packages, unzipped them into the proper folder but when I run a test policy it is installing the previous updat...

Netbackup installation Solaris 10 X86

Dear All,  i have a Project to setup a Netbackup. The scenario i have is: i have --> One SUN X4100 machine with Solaris 10 with following  -bash-3.00# isainfo amd64 i386 -bash-3.00# uname -a SunOS nbu 5.10 Generic_141445-09 i86pc i386 i86pc -bas...

Tru64 NetBackup Performance

--== Warning: Wall of text incoming ==-- I have a NetBackup environment consisting of: -= Local Site =- 1 Red Hat Linux AS 4 Master running NBU 6.0 MP7 2 Red Hat Linux AS 4 Media Servers running NBU 6.0 MP7 3 Tru64 V5.1B (Rev. 2650) SAN Media runni...

Resolved! Images on disk not expiring

I am running NBU 6.5.3 in Solaris 10. I am writing to basic disk on media servers then vaulting off to tape. My primary copy is disk 2nd copy goes on a onsite tape 3rd copy goes on a offsite tape Vault is set to pick up any images that are with in...

PDVS by Not applicable
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! system state restore issue

Hi All,  We are rebuilding the Windows 2003 Enterprise client server which was crashed 2 days before. Below are the steps we followed. 1. same OS with correct  MP & patches as were in the earlier installed. 2. Installed the Netbackup 6.5.3 in D:/ D...

Skipped backup list

I have found few backups have been skipped from My scheduled backups.. I have configured NOM in environment, Is there any way to get list of skipped backup from NOM or by any other ways through Netbackup. Master server : HP-UX 11iv2 IA64

Resolved! Netbackup Java Admin GUI

I have NBU 6.0 on a UNIX Master and I am trying to access the Java GUI from a windows machine.  I am unable to get the complete Admin gui to connect.  I only get the BAR ("Backup, Archive, and Restore) GUI.    I have tried updating the java/auth.conf...

kb1674 by Level 2
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Error 23 On a Windows 2008 client

3/2/2010 2:38:26 PM - requesting resource tld-0 3/2/2010 2:38:26 PM - requesting resource master.NBU_CLIENT.MAXJOBS.client 3/2/2010 2:38:26 PM - requesting resource master.NBU_POLICY.MAXJOBS.BackupPolicy 3/2/2010 2:38:27 PM - granted resource master....

HEMANPR by Level 6
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos

Remote manger and monitor service.

We have 5 separate sites running NetBackup. In each one the Master and Media servers are running Server 2003.  At one site we are getting a Big Brother message that the Media server stopped the Remote Manager and Monitor Service was stopped. I checke...

Resolved! NBU JAva console

Hi all, I need to know how to remove servers from the server list in the NBU Java console. I searched the registry by I can't find anything.  I remember on previous version there was a registry entry with the list of servers but I can't find it anymo...

Labels