Did you mean: 
NetBackup
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Subscribe to NBU notifications

In case you are not aware - you can subscribe to NBU notifications over here: https://sort.veritas.com/spec_doc Hopefully NBU 9 will be added to the list soon.

Marianne by Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
  • 1 replies
  • 17 kudos

Resolved! existing status 0

Hi  One of our in gui the jobs are active if i go to the detials status it was displaying like below    begin writing 4/12/2014 8:59:14 AM - Info bphdb(pid=20158) done. status: 0           4/12/2014 8:59:15 AM - Info bptm(pid=15376) waited for f...

madhuri by Level 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Restore issues following successful backup

Good Day, Today I am posting again, as I encountered a new problem while trying to restore a single file from a backup disk. This file was backed-up from an ESXi server successfuly. The ESXi server name was added in : Host Properties/Master Se...

Storage server was down

Hi how can we solve the below issue. Info nbjm(pid=6684) starting backup job (jobid=725524) for client XXXXXX, policy LP_Unix, schedule Full   4/6/2014 12:32:53 PM - Info nbjm(pid=6684) requesting STANDARD_RESOURCE resources from RB for backup job...

madhuri by Level 4
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Silent Install for Netbackup 7.5 Remote Administration Console

Hi, I'm searching some info how to configure response file to install in slient mode Netbackup 7.5 Remote Administration Console I know UAC under windows 7 is blocking > now is ok after changing some reg value. But I can't find a way to install pr...

Resolved! NETBACKUP 7.5 : Unable to Connect to Netbackup host "<hostname>"

Good Day,   I hope someone can help me :) I am currently trying to backup an ESXi server from NETBACKUP7.5, but with no joy so far Situation: I set up the ESXi server myself, therefore I am root on it. I can ping it from the NBU Master Server st...

Resolved! scratch issue

in my library 3 tapes are there In scratch volume pool. when backups are running the tapes are goes to frozen state. then I unfreeze all those tapes and restart the backup.. again tapes went to frozen state but the tapes volume pools is changed from ...

arjun7 by Level 4
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Netbackup 7.6 java admin console

Hi We have a master server on windows 2012. It is in a virtual environment. I am able to connect to it via java admin console from my system when I use its IP address, but when I use server name log in to java console fails with error "host does n...

NBU35 by Level 6
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to Merge Archive PST Files in Outlook 2013?

Hi I want to merge archive PST files in Outlook 2013 but I don’t know which way is accurate for how to merge multiple Outlook PST Files into one. If anybody know about it then please solve my doubts for and which tool is prefer for it? 

alexpeter by Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Reboot of library in cmd line

Hi Team, We are using HP MSL G3 library for our duplication purpose. Is it possible to reboot the library from the command line mode in Windows?

Resolved! Need to change ip ipdress in client

Hi Folks In my enviornment we are failling with 58 cannot connect to client I have ping from nb console cannot load host properites   When am pinging client it was pinging,showing different ip adress and differnt client name can u see the      C:\D...

madhuri by Level 4
  • 2 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! Exclude backup

Hi, We use Symentac Netbackup 7.1.0.4v.  In my organisation they used to take a backup of C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\hosts on every day. Could you please tell me what is the need of the file?  

Resolved! Recovering data

if a system backup is valid for say 5 weeks and if it is said that it is expired Am trying to recover by using the catalog I have fallowed below procedure,but i didnt get solution can any one advise  ASAP

madhuri by Level 4
  • 12 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! solution to solve 98

mounting xxxx 1/21/2014 5:41:01 PM - Error bptm(pid=6088) error requesting media, TpErrno = Robot operation failed      1/21/2014 5:41:02 PM - Warning bptm(pid=6088) media id xxxx load operation reported an error      1/21/2014 5:41:02 PM - current m...

madhuri by Level 4
  • 7 replies
  • 2 kudos

Resolved! fileconnect.symantec.com

This may not be the correct forum but has anyone else noticed that fileconnect.symantec.com is not working with the latest version of Java?  In addition it doesn't like the newest version of IE at all.  My company blocks java.com as it is considered ...

Resolved! how can we schedule the backups

Hi can any one suggest me how can we schedule the oracle backup For Onl Backup Schedule is:Window: Three times weekly begin between 8pm and 6am ET on weekdays or anytime on weekends as resources best allow. For Orch backup :Twice d...

madhuri by Level 4
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Throughput is very low for the new drives

Hi All, We have bought two LTO6 Drives for HP TL4000 Library. We are having a very low throughput for backups with these drives like not more than 30MB/sec which we should actually get like around 150-160MB/sec. Our OS is Windows 2007 SP2 We are usin...

skrp by Level 4
Certified
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels