Did you mean: 
NetBackup
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Discussion Posts

Subscribe to NBU notifications

In case you are not aware - you can subscribe to NBU notifications over here: https://sort.veritas.com/spec_doc Hopefully NBU 9 will be added to the list soon.

Marianne by Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
  • 1 replies
  • 17 kudos

Resolved! Expiring Media Script

I'm looking for a Windows script (powershell would be nice) to expire approximately 1000 tapes. We have had to place a hold on a large amount of media for the past year due to a legal matter and would now like to release the media. My experience in t...

Resolved! Netbackup Policies configuration report

hi all,   we are using NBU 7.0.1 on windows 2008 R2 64 bit, we have 100 policies configured in it so it is not easy to maintain a file on that i can mentioned all the policies and thier schedules to submit to my management. so is there any software o...

mumair109917 by Level 6
Partner Accredited Certified
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Does Master need connectivity to ACSLS?

Scenario: Linux Master server at Site A. All media servers at site backup to Data Domain. Media servers (Windows) at Site B connecting to LTO drives in ACSLS-controlled robot. Forward and reverse lookup is fine between Site A master and Site B media ...

Marianne by Level 6
Partner    VIP    Accredited Certified
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

NBU 7.0.1, DataDomain and SLP to tape

We are using NBU 7.0.1.  We also utilize DataDomain OS v5.1.0.5, as well as an SDLT tape library.  Currently we have some backup jobs that backup to the DataDomain device, then the job utilizes a Storage Lifecycle Policy to duplicate the data to Tape...

wellssh by Level 4
  • 11 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! Netbackup Related Doubts.

Hi All,   I have some doubts(questions) elated to netbackup . If you know kindly share it .   1.If you have a SCSI attached robot and in device monitor you see the drives marked as AVR, what does that mean and how would you fix it?   2) If you wante...

Resolved! Need A document og Tape Naming convetion understanding

Hi All,   This is Sagar . I need a document on any link to understatnd the tape naming convention .   For e.g. Gen I :- hcart Gen II :- hcart2 Gen III :- Hcart3 then why we used Gen IV :- hcart again , why not Hcart4 .   Kindly any one have solution ...

Guidance: moving a media server to another master.

Hi gang, I have 2 master servers (master 1 and master 2 in different domains) running NBU 7.1.0.x on SLES. Master 1 has a media server that is in another city and attached to its own library and filer (NDMP). I need to move this media server to maste...

Resolved! Restarting an archive job

Hi, To restart a job I use command bellow...   RH_Linux> # /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bpdbjobs -restart 1599981 restarting 1 job but if this job is an archive DB job, it doesn't work...   RH_Linux> # /usr/openv/netbackup/bin/admincmd/bp...

Resolved! Duplicate msdp

Hi! Im looking for the best solution in this scenario:   Location one 1 master/media server with a msdp pool Location 2 Mediaserver with a msd pool   wan link between them is around 10mbit   I want to duplicate the jobbs from location 1 to location 2...

Olssa by Level 3
Partner Accredited
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! how to move Disk Unit move when media server crashed

hi,   we have NBU 7.0.1 single master and two media servers and a tape libary is attached also using SAN Disks configured on both media server. on both media servers we have configured disk units but unfortunatly one of our media server windows crash...

mumair109917 by Level 6
  • 1 replies
  • 1 kudos

Resolved! Decommission Old media server

Hello, How can I decommission old media server for disk based backup images, I see lot of articles for tapes to move the db, Is there any method for disk based backup images    Also I will be building up new linux media server and decomm old solaris ...

nbuadmin1 by Level 3
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos

Sharepoint 2010 GRT setup

I am able to configure a standard sharepoint backup without any problems but I am extremly confused on how to go about setting up GRT. Can anyone offer some insite into the easiest way to configure that?  I have read all the docs on setting it up but...

Resolved! Win Mdeia Srever Ugprade

Master Server: Solaris 10; NBU 7.1.0.1 Media Server: Windows 2008, 64 bit; NBU 7.0 - I need to know the steps to upgrade the media server. detail is not appreciated but not asked. but I do need all the steps to upgrade these 8 media servers. beside t...

16ris10 by Level 6
  • 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

Resolved! NBU 7.5 General Question

Hello,  I'm fairly new to the NBU arena, and understand it may help if I knew additional specifics within an environment however wondering if some information can be provided in regards to new NBU functionality:   * NBU Replication Director: This fun...

Resolved! Moving VxMS to different path

Hi All, Most of the time, our backup admins create VxMS logging  and forget to disable it; and we end up filling up the C "OS" partition. Atlast, no one wants to accept the ownership for what happened. So we decided to change the VxMS logging directo...

rizwan84tx by Level 6
Certified
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels